MUCH EASIER TODAY: Nutrition software removes guesswork from menu planning
- Politics of Calif. health care reform should draw scrutiny from operators nationwide. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/18/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p29
The article discusses the efforts of restaurant companies and other employees to wrestle with a proposed overhaul of California's health care system. It describes how the California Restaurant Association and other food service groups helped defeat employer mandates to pay insurance premiums in...
- In full view. Versel, Neil // Modern Physician;Aug2001, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p9
Reports on the use of the Internet to disseminate physician information files in some states of the United States. Information on the online database of physician information launched by the Virginia Department of Health Professions; Status of Wisconsin's Physician Data Collection Project; Other...
- Analysis of Recent Attempts to Assert Medical Negligence Claims 'Outside' Texas's Article 4590i. Wilkerson, Glen M.; Davis, David M.; Cleveland, Wes; Young, Michael P. // Review of Litigation;Summer2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p657
Examines efforts to renew medical negligence claims provisions under Article 4590i in the 1977 Medical Liability and Insurance Improvement Act (MLIIA) in Texas. Illustration of the common law system at work under the article; Limitations detailed in the article's provisions; Disputes on...
- House bill keeps the focus on patients. // AHA News;3/24/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the passage of H.R. 663, the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act in the U.S. Supporter of the bill; Significance of the bill to patients; Provisions of the bill.
- Briefly noted. // Business Insurance;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p62
Presents news briefs pertaining to legislation for health care in the United States (US). Indication that there is no date for the full US House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee for the consideration of the Superfund Acceleration, Fairness and Efficiency Act; Bipartisan support for...
- Interference Called Against a Physician's Former Employer. Starr, David S. // Cortlandt Forum;03/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p73
Reports on the lawsuit filed by a physician against a medical clinic for interfering in his relationship with prospective patients. Details of the case; Reestablishment of medical practice.
- Reforming reform. Lane, Margaret J. // Hastings Center Report;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p47
Outlines provisions of a bill signed into law in Washington state repealing the state's 1993 Health Services Act. Includes expansion of enrollment in basic health plan; Authorization of health care savings accounts; Creation of a health care policy board to study issues, like long term care.
- Health Security Act would boost federal spending to most states. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr94, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the projected increase in federal spending under the American Health Security Act of 1993. Spending redistribution; Statistical data; Projections on health care premium savings of states.
- In re A.C. Bourke, Leon H. // Issues in Law & Medicine;Winter90, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p299
Presents a United States court ruling related to pregnancy. Substituted judgement; Strict accordance to patient's wishes; Extraordinary or compelling reasons to override; Legal precedents.