- IN SCHOOLS: Portable packs & snacks suit students today. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p58
Reports on the prepackaged foods offered by food service operators in United States schools. Varieties of the lunches offered by Wood Dining Services; Costs of the packaged lunches and snacks; Projection on the number of students that will participate in the food programs.
- FOR ANY MARKET SEGMENT: WOOD RETHINKS RETAIL. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p106
Reports on the addition of Sky Ranch Grill and Salsa Rico to Wood Dining Services' lineup at Community Commons at the College of New Jersey in Trenton, New Jersey. Items featured at Sky Ranch Grill; Business principles of Wood Dining Services; Brand renovation effort.
- RENOVATING FOR EFFICIENCY, HISTORY: St. Andrew's School rebuilds with an eye toward the past. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p42
Offers a look at the renovation of the dining room, kitchen and servery at the Saint Andrew's School in Middletown, Delaware. Background of the school and the cafeteria; Changes made by Wood Dining Services, the company which provide food service to the school; Food offerings at the school's...
- BETTER REIMBURSABLE MEALS: OAKLAND USD UPGRADES. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the Deli Delite sandwich program at Oakland Unified School District's high school cafeterias in spring 2003. Response of students to the program; Other meal included in the program; Advantage of the program to students; Cost of sandwich.
- MENU TRENDS: ON-SITE SALES Drivers SANDWICHES. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;6/21/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p36
Reports on the increase in the demand for sandwiches with upscale ingredients in the United States. Efforts of on-site operators to please the increasingly sophisticated palates of customers who want more upscale breads and sandwich ingredients; Sandwich selections at Ashland University's...
- Lorna Donatone: Sodexo's newest President/COO sees opportunity in the market continuum between foodservice in K-12 and higher education. Lawn, John // Food Management;Mar2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p16
An interview with Lorna Donatone, president and chief operating officer (COO) of Sodexo Inc.'s Education Market is presented. When asked about the advantages of managing the food service in K-12 and higher education, she explains the distinct operations of Sodexo and cites their different mode...
- New Orleans to Use Central Kitchens. // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p20
The article reports on the move of the school district in New Orleans, Louisiana, to use 11 central kitchens to serve lunches for more than 30 schools. Food service provider Sodexho specified that each room will provide food delivered through refrigerated trucks to two to five schools. The move...
- A 'made-to-order' biz. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p104
Focuses on the emphasis on sandwiches as the main food offering of school food service businesses in the United States. Introduction of do-it-yourself and custom-made sandwich selections; Turkey sandwiches as the most popular selection; Case examples at Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont and...
- Grilled cheese still no.1. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p116
Focuses on trends in sandwiches offered by food services at schools in the United States. Which sandwiches are most popular; What some food service operators at schools in various states are offering; Comments from food service operators.