FALL FRUIT UPDATE: Citrus fruit forecast eyes slight increase
- Development of a yield monitoring system for citrus mechanical harvesting machines. Maja, J. M.; Ehsani, R. // Precision Agriculture;Oct2010, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p475
load cell based yield monitoring system was developed for the Oxbo citrus mechanical harvesting machines. The yield monitoring system consisted of a GPS receiver, a mass flow sensor and data processing and storage units. The mass flow sensor consisted of four load cells attached to a...
- U.S. orange crop on the rebound. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p70
Presents a forecast on orange crop in the United States for 1999-2000. Florida forecast; Navel forecast; Valencia and California forecast.
- Rice combines rolling in Sacramento Valley. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/20/2012, p5
The article reports that California farmers expect a good crop in October-November 2012 although yields may not be as good as they would like due to the late start to planting in Spring 2012.
- Crying out for food. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;11/09/96, Vol. 152 Issue 2055, p14
Reports on the United Nation's Food and Agricultural Organization's prediction that grain stocks will increase after a world harvest that is most likely to be five percent up on 1995. Engineering of high-yields crop varieties; Poor global harvest in the past years due to weather conditions;...
- Wait to prune freeze-damaged citrus. Fitchette, Todd // Western Farm Press;4/19/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p12
The article discusses the importance to know when and how to properly prune trees after they have been damaged by severe cold as it is vital to orchard health and future crop yields. Neil O'Connell, citrus and avocado farm advisor with the University of California Cooperative Extension in Tulare...
- Nutrient Management for High Citrus Fruit Yield in Tropical Soils. Junior, Dirceu Mattos; Quaggio, José Antônio; Cantarella, Heitor; Boaretto, Rodrigo Marcelli; Zambrosi, Fernando César Bachiega // Better Crops with Plant Food;2012, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p4
Current recommendations for nutrient management of citrus in tropical conditions are summarized based on the use of soil and leaf analyses, fruit yield, and ch aracteristics of tree varieties commercially grown in Brazil.
- Despite frost, Valley citrus crop looks promising. Harvey, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/4/2013, p10
The article reports on the promising forecasts for citrus crops industry in Central Valley, California despite the threats of intermittent frosts and infestation of Asian citrus psyllid.
- Forecast: Rice production up 4 percent from 2005. // Western Farm Press;10/7/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p14
The article reports that the rice production in California has been forecasted to be more than 40 million hundredweight for 2006 which is about 4 percent in the previous year. The yield has been estimated to be 7,700 pound per acre while planted and harvested acreages are forecasted to be at...
- 2010 Apple Crop Forecast. Sparks, Brian // American Fruit Grower;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p12
The article presents the apple crop forecast for the U.S. and other parts of the world in 2010. The East and Midwest sections of the U.S. are expected to produce lower number of crops. European Union (EU) countries are predicted to produce 9.79 million metric tons of crops, which represents an...