IN A GRAB-AND-GO WORLD: HEALTHIER FAST FOODS
- XTREME EATING 2010. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun2010, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p13
The article focuses on several high-calorie foods being offered by various U.S. restaurants that may be considered as extreme. The bacon cheeseburger being served at Five Guys fastfood restaurant has more calories compared to McDonald's hamburgers. A slab of the Chocolate Tower Truffle Cake from...
- Skinny on QSR: Chains get wise, wealthy on good health. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;2/17/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the growing number of fast food restaurants offering healthful menu options in the U.S. Influence of obesity issues on the trend; Increase in the interest of consumers in eating health foods; Additions to the Happy Meal lineup of McDonald's.
- Fast-food finder. // Shape;Apr2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p46
Reports that the Food Finder Web site, www.olen.com/food, provides a nutritional breakdown of menu items at 20 fast-food chains.
- Fast Food Outlets Under Growing Pressure. // Hospitality Ireland;Feb2012, Issue 75, p55
The article reports on challenges being faced by fast food outlets in Ireland including endocrinologist Donal O'Shea's call to the government to introduce calorie posting legislation, and call of the Count Me In campaign to fast food chains to display the nutritional values of their foods.
- Eat This Not That. // Men's Health;May2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p68
Compares the nutritional value of two meal types from Burger King.
- 20 years ago in EN. // Environmental Nutrition;Aug97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p3
Reports on an analysis of fast-food nutrition and explanations of saturated versus unsaturated fats published in a 1977 issue of `Environmental Nutrition' periodical.
- Catering to the over-50 crowd. // USA Today Magazine;Nov96, Vol. 125 Issue 2618, p9
Discusses attempts by American fast-food restaurants to better cater their menus to the over-50 population. Information from Research 100, an international market research firm; Attempts to make the food healthier; Chicken and pizza as the favorite foods for the over-50 population; Chinese food...
- Reducing fat, fiber best before competition. Nelson-Steen, Suzanne // Handball;Apr2007, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p59
This article discusses health information pertinent to the sport of handball and handball players, with a particular focus on reducing fiber and fat before handball competitions. Several examples of pre-competition meals are presented, including pasta dishes and cereal. The article also presents...
- Association between proximity to and coverage of traditional fast-food restaurants and nontraditional fast-food outlets and fast-food consumption among rural adults. Sharkey, Joseph R.; Johnson, Cassandra M.; Dean, Wesley R.; Horel, Scott A. // International Journal of Health Geographics;2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p37
Objective: The objective of this study is to examine the relationship between residential exposure to fast-food entrÃ©es, using two measures of potential spatial access: proximity (distance to the nearest location) and coverage (number of different locations), and weekly consumption of...