IN HEALTHCARE: Avg. hospital pay rises 4.6%
- FSD's Compensation Study 2008. // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p58
The article presents the results of the 2008 Compensation Study. According to the survey, only 16 percent of respondents believe they will be promoted by 2013, while 36 percent believe they will be in the same job and 32 percent will be retired. Ninety-two percent of respondents reported that...
- Stacey Versus the Cafeteria Lady. Bumpus, Stacey // Angels on Earth;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p16
The author relates how a cafeteria lady she met at the hospital helped her to recover from a leg injury.
- Immigration eyed as fix for labor-shortage woes. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;10/02/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the use of immigration as a labor-shortage solution in the food service industry in the United States. Absence of workers among the former welfare recipients; Image of foodservice as low paying; Initiatives to deal with labor shortage.
- Labor outlays 'under control'. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p2
Focuses on labor market trends in 1998 which had affected employees of the United States. Challenges faced in training and retaining employees; Labor costs.
- WHAT'S Ahead FOR Healthcare? // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p38
Focuses on the revolution in the hospital foodservices discussed in a videoconference assembled by the National Society of Healthcare Food Service Management. Introduction of retail dining in healthcare; Emphasis on the intercultural difference in foodservice between Europe and the United...
- Chance and Circumstance. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p20
The article profiles John Athamanah, manager of foodservices at La Rabida Children's Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, including the influence of his mother on his interest in foodservice, career in clinical nutrition and his first job as a clinical nutrition manager.
- AT PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL: ROOM SVC. HITS PLANO. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
Presents information on a hotel-style room service program implemented at the Presbyterian Hospital in Plano, Texas in 2003. Description of the type of service used prior to the program; Details of the room service process; Impact of the program on the food service staff requirements of the...
- Texas Turnaround. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the efforts of the Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas in Texas to improve the quality of its food services. Information on the Jackson Patio Cafe and Cafe Presby in the hospital; Increase in food sales in the hospital; Contribution of the replacement of cash registers to the sales...
- SERVICE FOR ONE--AND ALL: Carts put new spin on Crittenton Hosp's breakfast. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the Top of the Morning breakfast cart service offered by Crittenton Hospital in Rochester, Michigan. Statistics on the hospital's cafeteria sales and customers; Description of the program; Patient menu offered by the hospital; Training received by food service staffers.