IN 10 QSR CATEGORIES: BRANDED UNITS TO GROW
- Burger chains report beefed up sales for QSR segment. Garber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;11/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the increase in the sales of the fast food chain McDonald's Corp. in the U.S. Plan of the firm to launch the McKids retail line; Same-store sales of the company; Factors contributing to the increases.
- Double setback for McDonald's. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/31/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4207, p8
Discusses the financial condition of fast food restaurant operator McDonalds Corp. as of January 2002. Corporate profits posted by the company; Effect of food safety concerns and the Asian economic condition on the operations of the firm; Sales and consumer volume registered in the European market.
- McDonald's begins fightback. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/26/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4241, pN.PAG
Reports on the actions taken by McDonald's on its poor sales and bad publicity in the U.S. Plans of the food chain for its revival; Amount paid by the chain for a case settlement concerning its food.
- McD president says chain will emphasize food, not trim menu offerings. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;04/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p1
Highlights McDonald's Corp.'s business strategy to boost sales and improve its position in the fast-food sector in the United States. Emphasis on food offerings; Call from a high-level task force of senior executives and franchisees for the firm to simplify menu and meal promotions.
- Making Dough. Kapner, Suzanne // Fortune;8/17/2009, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p14
The article presents information on the McDonald's Corporation, and its profitability in the early 21st century. It focuses on a plant in Bomporto, Italy, where the company makes hamburger buns which are shipped throughout Italy, Greece and Malta. Topics discussed include the amount of fat in a...
- McDonald's profits rise despite drop in sales. CRAIG, MALCOLM // Meat Trades Journal;5/10/2013, p11
The article discusses the slight net income increase of McDonald's Corp. despite declined sales across the world. It announces that the food group declares a net income of $1.27 billion in the first quarter of 2013 compared to the $1.267 billion in the same quarter in 2012. The growth of several...
- GREEN: Supersize Dread. Kurson, Ken // Esquire;Apr2001, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p65
Provides information on different factors which affected the financial condition of McDonald's Corp. Corporate profit posted by the fast food restaurant chain firm as of January 2001; Stock performance of the company; Comparison with the earnings of other fast food stores such as Pizza Hut and...
- McD: Fruit & Walnut salad, late hours help drive 2nd-Q profit gains. Lockyer, Sarah E. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/25/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p15
Reports on the strong 2005 second quarter earnings of Oak Brook, Illinois-based fast food chain operator, McDonald's Corp. Factors that contributed to the strong financial performance of McDonald's; Products introduced by the company during the year that helped improve its sales performance.
- Something Brewing. // Prepared Foods;Feb2008, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p24
The article reports on the plans of McDonald's to compete against Starbucks in the coffee market. In 2008, McDonald's will introduce baristas in 14,000 U.S. locations that will feature cappuccinos, fraffes, lattes and mochas, in addition to its drip coffee. In response to the threat, Starbucks...