PART OF PROVINCE HEALTHCARE: Nevada regl. hosp. broadens menu with expanded facility
- Province opens replacement facility. // AHA News;9/10/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 36, p7
Reports on an announcement of the Province Healthcare Corporation to open a replacement of Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital in Elko, Nevada. Cost of the facility; Number of general acute care hospitals being leased by Province.
- Match made in court. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;7/2/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p22
Reports on the agreement of Province Healthcare Co. to acquire Ashland Regional Medical Center in Pennsylvania after Ashland files for bankruptcy. Amount of Ashland's debt; Overview of the hospital's loss as of June 30, 2000; Information on the deal.
- Province breaks the mold. Limbacher, Patricia B. // Modern Healthcare;11/30/98, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p60
Reports on the success of publicly held hospital company Province Healthcare in Brentwood, Tennessee in 1998 in nonurban markets. Net income as of third quarter ended September 30; Factors for the success; Comment from Martin Rash, chief executive officer of Province.
- High Yield? Not Really. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/26/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 21, p11
A debut offering of senior subordinated notes by healthcare provider Province Healthcare Corp., an operator of rural acute care hospitals headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, offered investors a yield of 7.5 percent that prompted some healthcare officials to wonder if a host of copycat...
- HOSPITAL NEWS. // Modern Healthcare;9/10/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p14
Presents updates on hospitals in the United States as of September 10, 2001. Closure of the Union City Memorial Hospital in Union City, Pennsylvania; Inauguration of a hospital of Province Healthcare Co. in Elko, Nevada; Plan of William Beaumont Hospital in Michigan to layoff several employees...
- News in brief. Ferris, Craig T.; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;02/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30831, p2
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the United States as of February 17, 2000. Includes the rise in housing starts; Brentwood, Tennessee-based Province Healthcare Co.'s acquisition of the City of Ennis Hospital in Ennis, Texas.
- Province Healthcare announces stock split. Kirchheimer, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;09/11/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p26
Focuses on the stock price status of Province Healthcare Co. as of September 2000. Factors that led to the stock price rise; Net income of Province in the second quarter; Comments from William Bonello, senior healthcare research analyst at U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray; Stock share distribution of...
- Province Healthcare goes public. Ngeo, Christine // Modern Healthcare;02/16/98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Province Healthcare, a hospital chain serving primarily nonurban markets, went public. Initial public offering (IPO) shares of the company's common stock; Purpose of the company's IPO; Focus of the company.
- CHAIN MAIL. // Modern Healthcare;10/8/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p17
Presents news briefs concerning hospital operators in the United States as of October 8, 2001. Plans of Province Healthcare Co. to sell convertible subordinated notes due in 2008; Financial performance of Tenet Healthcare Co. for the first quarter of fiscal 2002.