LOOKING UP: LABOR ISSUES
- IN B&I: Women's pay runs on-par with male fsds. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p56
Deals with the state of workers in the corporate foodservice industry in the United States as of December 15, 2000. Issue concerning the state of work turnover in the industry; Problems faced by the industry.
- Turnover amongst Nurses in New Zealand's District Health Boards: A National Survey of Nursing Turnover and Turnover Costs. NORTH, NICOLA; RASMUSSEN, ERLING; HUGHES, FRANCES; FINLAYSON, MARY; ASHTON, TONI; CAMPBELL, TAIMA; TOMKINS, SHARON // New Zealand Journal of Employment Relations;Feb2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p49
Turnover amongst nurses is a critical issue as nurse shortages throughout the Western world are putting a strain on health systems. New Zealand's nursing shortage is exacerbated by international recruitment efforts targeting New Zealand nurses. Our study of turnover and turnover costs is part of...
- The high cost of turnover. Creery, Presley T. // ABA Banking Journal;Sep86, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p113
Presents ways of assessing the costs of employee turnover in the U.S. Enumeration of cost categories; Problems related to new employees; Method of preventing employee turnover and loss of good workers.
- CAN AN EXAMINATION OF SUBNATIONAL FLAT TAXES TEACH US ANYTHING? LABOR SUPPLY DECISIONS OF MARRIED MEN AND WOMEN IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA IN 2OO1-2OO2*. Vaillancourt, François; Geoffrion, Ghislaine // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2005, p464
The article focuses on the impact of labor supply decisions of marriage men and women on subnational flat taxes in the U.S. The author discusses the issues on the most common subnational entities studies regarding these issues. In this study, the researchers estimate separate labor supply...
- Industry needs to polish own image in effort to hire brightest candidates. Doherty, James; Koteff, Ellen // Nation's Restaurant News;08/25/97, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p21
Editorial. Comments on the `Nation's Restaurant News' report which underscored difficulties in the labor market equation in the foodservice industry in the United States. Critical elements of the hiring equation; Type of market for the industry as far as employment is concerned; Challenges in...
- THE EMPLOYER OF CHOICE: BC TURNOVER NOW 7.5%. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the decline of the turnover rate of hourly food service employees at Boston College Dining Services in Massachusetts. Significance of the decline; Factors that influenced the decline; Efforts of the services to meet the personal needs of employees.
- Librarians: A study of supply and demand. Van House, Nancy A.; Roderer, Nancy K.; Cooper, Michael D. // American Libraries;Jun83, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p361
Presents results of a 1982 survey concerning the supply and demand of librarians in the United States. Library employment by type of library and staff category; Educational status of librarians; Rate of librarian turnover.
- A closer look at the employment cost index. Garner, C. Alan // Economic Review (01612387);1998 3rd Quarter, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p63
Focuses on the employment cost index (ECI) that is more useful for labor market analysis and wage setting than general inflation forecasting. Comparison of ECI with other labor cost measures; Need for ECI to be monitored; Use of ECI in analyzing broader economic trends.
- TURNOVER AND COMPETITION FOR EXPECTED JOB OPENINGS: AN EXPLORATORY ANALYSIS. Dreher, George F.; Dougherty, Thomas W. // Academy of Management Journal;Dec1980, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p766
The article details a study that examines the relationship between external employment opportunities and employee turnover. The author discusses methods of estimating employment opportunity for various occupational groups. According to the author, competition for expected job openings is...