RELIEF EFFORT STILL UNDERWAY: Whitsons at Ground Zero
- Food for thought. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/23/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p5A
Features Garden City, New York-based food service company Whitsons Food Service Corp. Company origin; Business strategies utilized; Growth and expansion plans.
- Whitsons eats up NE accounts. Geller, Rose // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/04/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 31, p1A
Reports on the number of accounts added by Long Island, New York-based Whitsons Food Service since January 2000. Company's provision of dining service to schools and companies; Expansion in the Northeastern United States; Projected revenues in 2001; Similar expansion by Lake Success-based...
- Whitsons Food Service talks fresh in schools. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/08/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 49, p14A
Focuses on the growth of the Long Island, New York-based food service management company Whitsons Food Service Corp. due to the contracts it received from Long Island public school districts. Changes made by the company on the design of and services offered by traditional school cafeterias;...
- DEMOS AT 6TH CULINARY EXPO: Whitsons 'trade-up' items. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p36
Deals with the demonstration of the Whitsons Food Service company at its Sixth Annual Culinary Expo. Sponsor of the event; Concepts of sandwiches presented by the company.
- SEGMENT SIGNALS. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
Presents news briefs on the food service industry in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Expansion of Krystal restaurants throughout the Southeast; Agreement signed by New York-based Pomesa Systems with Whitsons Food Service of Huntington Station, New York; Sales increase announced by Henry Ford...
- WHITSONS' EXPANDING HORIZON. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the food service management contract won by Whitsons from the University of Baltimore in Maryland in October 2002. Number of students and faculty members to be served by the company; Credit card installed by Whitsons; Increase in business.
- Robert Whitcomb. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/20/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, ONSITE RESTAURANT p20
Interviews Robert Whitcomb, chief executive officer at Whitsons Foodservice Inc. in Huntington, New York. Profile of Whitcomb; History of the company; Views of Whitcomb on the progress of the company.
- The `crossover' customer. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p94
Features the challenges faced by foodservice operators in developing vegetarian dishes to accommodate customer requests. Comments from Deanne Brandstetter, nutrition specialist for FLIK Intl. Corp.; Efforts undertaken by John Whitcomb, vice president for Whitson's Food Service, in developing an...
- When You're Here, You're Family. // Food Management;Mar2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p48
The article focuses on Long Island, New York-based Whitsons Food Service Inc. The company Bob Whitcomb, his eight siblings and their mother collaborate to operate still strives to run on the principles of sticking to commitments and doing what it takes to honor them. It explains why a company...