IN A $1.3 TRILLION INDUSTRY: THE VALUE OF E-COMMERCE
- Andersen as guide to `new economy'. Beeler, Amanda // Crain's Chicago Business;02/21/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p43
Focuses on the marketing campaign of accounting and consulting firm Arthur Andersen LLP which aims to create an image as a global expert on the electronic commerce. Cost of the campaign; Launch of new logo; Firm's focus of its identity on being a global company offering several different market...
- B2b. // Inter@ctive Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p35
Presents updates on electronic commerce. Partnership between toy maker Hasbro and Intellisys Electronic Commerce to create an online portal; Alliances between two electronic commerce firms, Blueline Online and eBricks.com to form Cephren; Investment of Arthur Anderson into a venture capital...
- Living in a bubble. Singleton-Green, Brian // Accountancy;Apr2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1280, p30
It would be helpful to be able to slip quietly forward 10 or 20 years into the future and look back on the current state of the stockmarket. For several years experts have been producing elaborate academic studies to show conclusively that it's wildly overvalued and regulators have expressed...
- Join the revolution. // Accountancy;May2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1281, p160
This article highlights the role of e-business in revolutionising the marketplace. Information technology is one of the most rapidly expanding in today's business world. Business transactions have changed irreversibly and this will be the topic of discussion at the Institute of Chartered...
- Internet Supply Ordering Can Help Improve Business Operations. Mayer, David // Business Journal (Central New York);06/09/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p8B
Discusses the advantages of Internet supply ordering to the business operations of health care providers in the United States. Impact of technological advancements on the amount of time patients need to recover; Percentage of surgical and diagnostic procedures performed on an outpatient basis;...
- Collaborative e-business and ebXML: a new approach and a standard to make it happen. Webber, David; Kotok, Alan // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jan2002, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on the use of collaborative electronic business approach in health service industry in the United States. Sales of goods and services over the World Wide Web; Advantages of the approach; Use of Electronic Business XML.
- Wired. Perry, Philip A. // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr99, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the growth of electronic commerce in the health care industry in the United States, according to the 1999 Most Wired Survey. Health care organizations' use of online capabilities; Benefits of electronic commerce; Online supplier activities; Activities that Most Wired hospitals...
- Computerized Physician Orders. Ramsaroop, Peteer R. // Healthcare Executive;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p52
Examines the effectiveness of using a computerized physician order entry (CPOE) system on health care industry in the U.S. Impact of electronic order on care quality and staff efficiency; Key features of a CPOE system; Presence of an overall patient safety and quality strategy.
- Health Care's 100 Most Wired. SOLOVY, ALDEN; SERB, CHRIS // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Feb99, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p43
Reports on how health care organizations in the United States utilize electronic commerce to provide health care information to people surfing the Web. Types of information that can be accessed in the Web; Advantages of electronic commerce; Functions of Web site.