IN THE AFTERMATH OF TERROR: Congress presses for aid to help foodsvc. recover
- Senate considers hospital issues in new jobs bill. // AHA News;3/8/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the considerations being given by the U.S. Senate to hospital issues in a new 150 billion U.S. dollar jobs bill as of March 2010.
- The 105th Congress. Wiatrowski, William J. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Winter98, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p1
Looks at compensation and labor related legislations in the 105th United States Congress. Provisions of the Workforce Investment Partnership Act of 1998; Workforce investment systems to be developed by the states; Subsidy programs stated in the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century.
- Legislative background. // Congressional Digest;May97, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p143
Provides a summary of action taken by the United States Congress regarding compensatory time legislation. 104th Congress' action in the area of private sector compensatory time arrangements; Introduction of compensatory time bill, H.R.1, the Working Families Flexibility Act.
- Should the House approve H.R. 1, the Working Families Flexibility Act? Pryce, Deborah; Moakley, Joe; Roukema, Marge; Bonier, David E.; Dooley, Calvin; Visclosky, Peter J.; Stenholm, Charles W.; Andrews, Robert E.; Weldon, Curt; Norton, Eleanor Holmes; Gephardt, Richard A.; Cunningham, Randy; Kolbe, Jim; Stokes, Louis // Congressional Digest;May97, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p144
Asserts that the United States House of Congress should approve H.R. 1, the Working Family Flexibility Act. Debates from Representatives Deborah Pryce; Marge Roukema; Calvin Dooley; Charles W. Stenholm; Curt Weldon; Randy Cunningham; Jim Kolbe; H.R. 1 as an option in balancing busy work and...
- House moving jobs bill this year. Allen, Jared // Hill;12/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 145, p18
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. House of Representatives to push a jobs bill anchored by at least 75 billion U.S. dollars in spending on various infrastructure projects in 2009.
- House passes striker-replacement. // Human Events;7/3/93, Vol. 53 Issue 27, p19
Reports on the passing of the Cesar Chavez Workplace Fairness Act (HR 5) or the striker-replacement bill by the House. Prohibiting companies from permanently replacing striking workers; Expected opposition in the Senate by Minority leader Bob Dole; Interpretation of the 1935 National Labor...
- Full Employment and Balanced Growth Act of 1978. // Richmond Fed Economic Briefs;Dec2011, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p1
The article describes the Full Employment and Balanced Growth Act of 1978 enacted by the 95th U.S. Congress on October 27, 1978.
- SENATE OKS HIGHWAY, HIRING ACT. // Rock Products;Apr2010, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the approval by the U.S. Senate of the Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment Act on March 17, 2010.
- Senate passes TEAM Act. // Human Events;7/26/96, Vol. 52 Issue 28, p23
Reports on the US Senate's passage of the Teamwork for Employees and Management (TEAM) Act on a July 10, 1996, rollcall vote of 53 to 46. Modification of the National Labor Relations Act of 1935 to permit businesses to establish workplace groups to facilitate cooperation between management and...