SITES ON-CAMPUS, IN VA HOSP.: Coffee takeovers in GA raise daily sales, checks
- Dining Service Overhaul. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p28
The article announces that the Housing and Food Services department of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan has reorganized and rebranded itself as Culinary Services. The department has been renamed to Residential and Hospitality Services and is tasked to oversee all campus dining...
- DeKalb college third largest... and on the move. Barry, Tom // Georgia Trend;Mar98, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p77
Focuses on DeKalb College, the third largest enrollment in Georgia, after the University of Georgia and Georgia State University. Size of the college; Comments from Dr. Jacquelyn Belcher, president of the college; What the college offers.
- Georgia looks at community colleges to relieve overcrowding at four-year institutions. Towns, Gail Hagans // Community College Week;08/11/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
Looks at how Georgia plans to relieve overcrowding at DeKalb College's North Campus in Dunwoody, Atlanta, Georgia. Factors contributing to the overcrowding; Number of students attending the institution; Need for increased two-year college enrollments.
- Purdue marches on. // FoodService Director;3/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the success of the Fred and Mary Ford Dining Court at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. Percentage of increase in the customers at the dining court; Reasons behind the success of the Court, according to food service director Sarah Johnson; Plan of Purdue University...
- WITH $7.25 AVG. CHECK: N. Idaho College sales up $700 daily. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1
Deals with the success of Selkirk Cafe, the first table-service restaurant that opened at North Idaho College in Coeur d'Alene. Goals of opening the restaurants; Sales posted by the restaurant per day; Cuisine features.
- Cafï¿½ Vivian's Local Angle. King, Paul // FoodService Director;12/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p42
The article features the coffee shop Cafï¿½ Vivian at Princeton University. Executive chef Rob Harbison shares that the remodeling of the coffee shop as a casual restaurant that offers only local, organic and sustainable items aims to promote sustainability dining. The food service offers...
- Study Examines College Dining Habits. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/27/2012, p3
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by the Mintel Organization which investigated dining habits in college campuses. Findings showed that 72% of college students who have dined on a college campus have done so in the cafeteria, whereas 65% who have done so at a cafe,...
- A Retail State of Mind. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p48
The article focuses on the use of retail marketing by U.S. foodservice operators to attract customers. Illy coffee bar in the New York Times Building used several promotions including offering a free cup of Illy drip coffee to customers on opening day. A Top 5 Reasons For Commuters to Eat On...
- Branching Out. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p48
The article focuses on the brand makeover of Columbia University Dining Services' five Blue Java coffee bars. According to the article, the objective was to brand Blue Java as the most socially and environmentally responsible coffee products available in the Columbia neighborhood. To achieve...