AT OVERLAKE HOSP. IN WASH.: Boxed meals for moms pave move to a la carte
- Gifford Hospital adds room service. // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that Gifford Medical Center has added a room service program that offers patients meals which are made to order. Room service is available from 11 in the morning to 6 in the afternoon to patients in the Howell Pavilion medical/surgical unit, the Transitional Care...
- The Kids Are Alright Helpers. // Food Management;Aug2012, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p10
The article offers information on the hiring of high school students by Lexington Medical Center in West Columbia, South Carolina, for room service delivery help.
- Hospitals touch patients' hearts via stomachs. Kramer, Louise // Crain's New York Business;10/25/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p36
The article reports that one of New York's latest roomservice menus features tempting choices like cornmeal-crusted trout, lemon-pepper salmon and marinated flank steak. The menu is from Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center on the Upper East Side, one of several New York hospitals making major...
- FOOD QUALITY UP, COSTS DOWN: BAYSTATE DOES ROOM SVC. // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the move of Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts to offer room service. Effect of the project on patient satisfaction; Processes involved from ordering up to delivery of the food; Menus served; Modes of payment available.
- Hospital Takes 'Lean' Approach. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that St. Vincent Health Center in Erie, Pennsylvania reduced meal delivery times for its room service program by more than half in 2007 by implementing the Lean Six Sigma approach to improving service. Barry Locke, director of food and nutrition services for the hospital,...
- Health-care centers deliver new trend with hotel-style room service. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;10/7/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p8
Reports the availability of room service in several medical centers in the U.S. Reflection on the influence of customers on health care choices; Expression of satisfaction by patients; Names of centers offering room service.
- Fla. hospital launches 24-hr., 7-day menus. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the debut of a 24-hours-per-day, 7-days-a-week room service menu to obstetric, labor and delivery patients in Columbia Brandon Regional Medical Center's Women's Center in Brandon, Florida. System features; Menu selections; Room service offerings.
- Carts Offer Compromise Solution. // Food Management;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p34
The article discusses the use of temp-controlled mobile carts at Somerset Medical Center in New Jersey which provide some of the benefits of room service without all the costs. The carts troll through the hallways carrying hot and cold meal components assembled outside patient rooms. It offers...
- Here for the long haul. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the room service program of the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Person credited for the creation of the program; Percentage increase in patient satisfaction with the food and nutrition services department brought by the program; Overview of the program.