IN BELMONT VILLAGES: Seniors seek snack comfort
- States struggle with exactly what constitutes `assisted living'. Grant, Ruth Ann // AHA News;1/20/97, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the differences in how states define and regulate assisted-living programs. Comment by Robert L. Mollica, deputy director with the National Academy for State Health Policy; Number of states regulating assisted-living; Definition of assisted living.
- The new elder market. Needleman, Sarah N. // Business News New Jersey;09/08/97, Vol. 10 Issue 30, p26
No abstract available.
- Making the rounds... Franks, Jonathan // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/15/97, Issue 322199, p8
Features the Somerford Place assisted living center in California. Design features; Facilities in the center; Services offered.
- Assisted living facilities. Truong, Tommy T.; Potter, Heidi // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/01/98 Supplement 98 Book of List, Issue 322310, p60
Lists the top assisted living facilities in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California as ranked by the number of residents in 1998. Includes Arbor Village; Orchard Park; Park Kingsburg.
- Assisted Living Facilities. // Las Vegas Business Press;2003 Book of Lists, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p68
Presents a chart ranking assisted living facilities in Nevada.
- Growing like wild. Ngeo, Christine // Modern Healthcare;08/03/98, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p26
Reports that many hospitals are venturing into assisted-living business in the United States. Identification of hospitals venturing into assisted-living business; Advantages offered by assisted-living business; Reason behind the growth in assisted-living communities.
- Boomtown. Tarlach, Gemma M. // Drug Topics;2/16/98, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p70
Presents information on assisted-living facilities in the United States. Details on the concept of assisted-living facilities; Price ranges of assisted-living facilities; Number of Americans living in these facilities; Comment from Linda Drummond, president of Drummond and Associates. INSETS:...
- Sizing up assisted living. Tinsley, Ronald K. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Apr96, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on changes in the assisted living market in the United States. Regulation of the industry; Primary competitors of assisted living; Funding for assisted living; Impact of managed care on assisted living.
- Assisted living snapshot: 1995. Bruck, Laura // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Apr96, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p13
Presents results of a survey on assisted living in the United States. Market growth; Assisted living regulations; Consumer education.