BROADENS MENU VARIETY: Cornell U.'s Smoke Shack delivers signature flavors
- Lowfat, vegan growing. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p154
Reports on the inclusion of lowfat and vegan selections in vegetarian offerings in university campuses in the United States. Vegetarian selections at Penn State University in University Park, Boston College in Massachusetts, University of San Diego in California and Duke University. INSET:...
- Vegetarian recipe corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p130
Presents several vegetarian recipes used by several college food facilities in the United States. Includes Haiku School's Veggie Chili; University of California-Santa Barbara's Black Bean Chili; Michigan State University's Vegetarian Vegetable Soup; Henderson County School's Brown Rice Pilaf.
- Meeting multiple requests. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p106
Reveals the efforts of foodservices in schools in the United States to offer varied menus to school children. Examples of ethnic cuisines at the Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont; Description on vegetarian pizza; Vegetarian population at the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey.
- Vegetarian On-the-Go. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p93
Reports the growth trend and profitability of vegetarian entrees on non-commercial cafeteria menus in the United States. Percentage of hospitals that serve vegetarian entrees; Number of school lunchrooms that serve vegetable dishes; Variety of vegetarian entrees served at Indiana University...
- 750 DAILY AND COUNTING: Tortillas turning heads at Cornell's 'Lotta Chilada'. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the benefit of Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, from a tortilla-making machine at the Lotta Chilada station in Jansen's Dining Hall. Approximate number of tortillas the station serves a day; Varieties of tortilla.
- 150 CUSTOMERS AND COUNTING: Cornell adds to ethnic variety. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p20
Reports that Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, has opened the Hurry For Curry tandoori station in Okenshield Dining Hall. Foods served at the station; Remarks from dining services director, Nadeem Siddiqui.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p68
This section offers news briefs in food service industry. Kellogg's Food Away From Home and Chartwell Higher Education collaborated to create vegetarian and vegan program on college campuses. Christ the King School in Richland, Washington was named Whole Year Supply of Rice sweepstakes winner...
- THE LATEST TRENDY FOOD STATIONS: Options open at Cornell Univ. for freshman student influx. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p40
Looks at the food stations included in the dining hall opened by Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. Types of pizzas served at Anything Doughs; Features of the Chef's Table station; Categories of cookery at the World's Fare station.
- MORE VEGETARIAN, TOO: In-house prep yields menu upgrade at E-town College. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p12
Reports that Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania has changed its menu by preparing in-house foods instead of repackaged meals for students and faculty. Vegetarian and low-fat meals offered; Percentage of the increase in food costs; Decline in labor costs in relation to the move.