TO TRACK SALES, MEALS: Air Force Clubs adopt new system for catering
- Remote Control. Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul99, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p46
Discusses the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software in the food service industry. Predictions on the ERP market by 2002; Why enterprise software has not really caught on in the restaurant industry; Information on the the restaurant ERP strategy.
- The benefits to f/s of software beta-tests. Grossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p158
Cites the benefits of beta-testing foodservice software. Part of keeping the systems updated; Enhancements and upgrades to software features; Transmission of menu choices wireless and totally online; Clout and control for users; Portable diet office system. INSET: What tests reveal.
- TWEAKING ON-THE-FLY: Menu-cost software offers instant bottom-line insight. Grossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p148
Explains how a computer-based costing and food management computer software can help food service operators. Ways for using the software; Tips for using the software to control the budget; Things to avoid in using the menu costing software.
- Menu management. Hodl, James J. // Casino Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the EatecNetX software-based management system for foodservice and retail operations from Emeryville, California-based Eatec Corp. Features of the software; Background on the company; Benefits of the software to casinos with multiple dining outlets. INSET: Eatec milestones.
- MOBILE GIS AND FLIGHT SAFETY. Wilkens, Ted // Flying Safety;Oct2006, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p7
The article reviews the GeoBase program established by the U.S. Air Force.
- Air Force keeps tally. // Business NH Magazine;Nov96, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the US Air Force's use of Tally Systems Corp.'s software Cenergy, a desktop asset management system.
- Acquisition Center of Excellence Will Drive New Capabilities to the Warfighter. // Program Manager;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p118
Reports the opening of the Acquisition Center of Excellence (ACE) by the Air Force in the U.S. Flexibility in the acquisition system; Thrusts of Agile Acquisition; Reforms in acquisition.
- Process Control for Error-Free Software: A Software Success Story. Tackett, Buford D.; Van Doren, Buddy // IEEE Software;May/Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p24
Discusses the State-Based Development Process, an approach to the development of an automated tracking and monitoring system against air attacks for the United States Air Force. Background information on the approach; Effectiveness of the approach; Benefits of the process to the project manager.
- Hennessy winners announced. // Food Management;Jul2002, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p18
Presents the winners of the 46th annual Hennessy Traveler Awards, recognizing the best foodservice program in the U.S. Air Force. Edward Air Force Base of California; Dyess Air Force Base of Texas; Airman First Class Nalia Bauer, award recipient for excellence-multiple category.