WITH MADE-TO-ORDER FOCUS: NEW FOODCOURT, C-STORE BOOST REVENUE AT ARIZONA STATE U
- Getting Engrained. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p24
The article reports on the opening of a new sit-down restaurant dedicated to sustainable dining at Arizona State University in Tempe on September 15, 2008. Called Engrained, the restaurant is located on the second floor of the Memorial Union. The restaurant's food is locally sourced, the 250...
- Following the Money. // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on issues related to the implementation of meal plans in colleges and universities in the U.S. Contribution of a mandatory meal plan in upgrading dining facilities; Opposition of students at the Arizona State University to a mandatory meal plan; Role of students in food service.
- ASU students dig Pitchforks. // FoodService Director;10/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p8
The article focuses on Pitchforks, the all-you-can-eat facility launched by Arizona State University at Tempe and Sodexho in line with the requirement that all first-year resident students are required to purchase a meal plan. The facility features five cooking platforms with chefs out on the...
- 'Nova debuts dine-out. // FoodService Director;9/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the Dine Out at Dougherty program implemented by the Villanova University in Pennsylvania. Sales generated from a similar program offered in 2003; Views of director of operations Tim Dietzler on the program.
- Meals on the Move. Weisberg, Karen; Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;3/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the growth of the portable meal business in the U.S. in 2005. Percentage of an increase in portable sales at operations in the western U.S.; Efforts of foodservice directors in higher education to adapt to students' changing lifestyles according to Regina Toomey-Bueno, director of...
- INNOVATION FROM SAUTE PAN TO PLATELET: Stanford
University discovers missing LINX. // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p26
Reports on LINX, a dining facility opened by Stanford University's Residential & Dining Enterprises at The James H. Clark Center in California. Average daily sales generated by LINX; Sales projection of LINX; Dishes served at LINX.
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.