Bondholders Boot SouthTrust Bank as Trustee for Florida Housing Issue
- South Trust Contests Vote to Remove It From Florida Housing Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31387, p4
Reports the reaction of SouthTrust Bank (STB) on bondholders voted for the removal of the bank as trustee of the revenue bonds issued by Perdido Housing Corp. in Florida. Replacement of SouthTrust with the Bank of Oklahoma; Refusal of STB to pay the principal payment owed to the company; Delay...
- Bank, Perdido Housing Locked In War of Words Over Default. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p1
Reports the debate over the rights of SouthTrust Bank as trustee for Perdido Housing Corp. in the U.S. Failure of SouthTrust to pay the debt service to Perdido; Declaratory judgment hearing filed by SouthTrust; Statement regarding the payment provisions of the indenture by executive director...
- SouthTrust bank Quits as Trustee in Perdido Housing Case. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31404, p3
Reports the removal of South Trust Bank as trustee for the revenue bonds of Perdido Housing Corp. and other housing operations in Florida. Dismissal of a declaratory judgment action request filed in November; Acquisition of issuer of necessary number of votes to replace the South Trusts; Reason...
- Perdido Housing Corp. Wants Bondholders to Elect New Trustee. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31345, p3
Reports the dispute between Perdido Corp. and SouthTrust Bank in Florida. Proposal of Perdido Housing Corp. to bondholders to elect trustee; Refusal of SouthTrust Bank to make principal payment on the senior revenue bonds; Allegation of Perdido against SouthTrust.
- Florida Housing Trustee: This Year's Payments Will Be Late. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p4
The trustee for two struggling multifamily housing properties in Florida made back payments this month on defaulted debt issued for the projects, but says it will not be able to make any payments due this year on time. The properties, owned by Emerald Coast Housing Corp. II and Perdido Housing...
- Bondholders Remove SouthTrust as Trustee for 11 Florida Housing Issues. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p4
Reports that bondholders have removed SouthTrust Bank as trustee for 11 bond issues sold for nonprofit affordable housing projects in north Florida. Accusation against the bank by the housing corporations; Corporations that own the housing projects; Financial problems relating to the housing...
- Wachovia Merging With South Trust. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31910, p1
Reports on the merger agreement between Wachovia Corp. and SouthTrust Corp. in a move for expansion and combined bonds in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Combined assets and market capitalization; Shares and benefits of the merger for both companies involved.
- SouthTrust: Building blocks. Reynolds, Rhonda // Black Enterprise;Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the slow and steady growth of the Birmingham, Alabama-based SouthTrust Corp. Venture into other southeastern states; Hot spots for SouthTrust; Aggressive growth plan.
- Moving images to PCS. Radigan, Joseph // U.S. Banker;Jan95, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p14
Reports that SouthTrust Corp. has bought a check-processing system based on client/server technology. Acceptance for this technology; Advantage over mainframes; Other banks that bought the equipment.