- Few Surprises, Some News for Muni Market in Budget. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p1
Reports on the effects of the proposed 2002 budget on the bond market in the United States. Tax-related bond items in the budget; Creation of the school construction bond program.
- Record jump in foreign holdings of Canadian bonds. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;1/18/2002, p4
Reports the increase in foreign holdings of Canadian bonds. Share of the American market in the total bond investment; Reduction in the holdings of foreign securities by Canadian investors; Terms of the investments.
- South Africa touts new business opportunities. Khasru // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/04/99, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p8
Focuses on the influx of business opportunities in South Africa. South Africa's lack of progress despite its rich natural resources and developed infrastructure; Bond market and equity market capitalization of South Africa; Growth in investment opportunities in South Africa.
- Portuguese bond market opens up. Dunham, Robin // Accountancy;Jun91, Vol. 107 Issue 1174, p60
Reveals that the government of Portugal is liberalizing its bond market to encourage foreign interest. Lisbon, Portugal authorities' garnering of inspiration from the successful opening of Spain's market to international capital flows.
- From the TM3 wire. Selway, William; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;07/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30441, p2
Focuses on several developments concerning the bond market of the United States as of July 23, 1998. Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan's suggestion to use the federal budget surplus to pay down the public debt; Budget surplus posted by the federal government; New York City's...
- Colorado May Issue $260 Million of Tobacco Bonds, After All. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31620, p6
Colorado financial officials are planning to issue tobacco bonds to bridge state funding gaps, saying that after talking to investment bankers, they believe the market would be willing to purchase such debt. Lawmakers withdrew their plans to issue 260 million dollar of tobacco bonds to bridge...
- Budget plan includes increase in private-activity bond cap. Resnick, Amy B.; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30501, p1
Reports on the increase in the private-activity bond volume cap included in the budget package agreement by congressional leaders and the Clinton administration. Provisions on the increases in cap; Cost to the federal government; Actions on other administration-backed tax provisions.
- Harsh reality: Hard work, persistence needed to get cap increased next year. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30512, p33
Opinion. Comments on the 50% increase in the private-activity bond volume cap for the United States in 2003 as part of the budget package. Reaction of the municipal bond market to the news; Implications for the market; Republicans' stand on the volume cap issue; Factors that could affect the...
- Atlanta OKs $1.9 Billion Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/18/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34128, p1
The article informs that the Atlanta City Council adopted Mayor Kasim Reed's 1.9 billion dollars budget for fiscal 2015. It states that budget is expected to bring the city to the bond market since 2009 with general obligation debt. It further mentions that general fund totals 567 million...