Running Out of Options, Tennessee Inches Toward Income Tax
- S&P Revises Tennessee GO Outlook To Positive From Stable, Hints at AAA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/11/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33515, p6
The article reports on the revision of Standard & Poor's Corp.'s outlook on AA-plus general obligation (GO) bond rating of Tennessee from stable to positive citing an economic recovery that could have a third gilt-edged rating.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields . // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p33
Presents charts providing information on the statistics of the U.S. bond market regarding short-term tax-exempt yields as of February 5, 2002. Municipal Market Data ratings.
- Triple-A Tennessee Readies GOs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/7/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33395, p1
The article reports on the plan of Tennessee on its competitive sale of 213.3 million dollar of its tax-exempt general obligation bonds in which fourth deal in six weeks will be brought to market on October 13, 2010. It notes the 169.5 million dollar worth of tax -exempt Series A bonds of the...
- Tucson Tumbles Toward Bond Offerings. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;5/25/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33322, p1
The article reports on the drop of the general obligation bonds in Tucson, Arizona. Analyst of Fitch Ratings stresses that the drop reflects the continued weakening of the financial profile of the city. Meanwhile, reports of bond offerings and various tax-exempt certificate of participation...
- UAL's Munis Plummet on Loan Denial. Sanchez, Humberto; Vadum, Matthew; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p1
Reports on the rejection of loan application of United Airlines Inc. by the federal Air Transportation Stabilization Board in the U.S. Impact of the loan rejection on airline's tax-exempts; Decrease in revenues of the airline; Description of bond rates of the airline.
- South Carolina Power Agency Sells $374M to Finance Gas-Fired Plants. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p3
Reports on the sale of $374 million of revenue bonds by South Carolina Public Services Authority During the week ended on January 26, 2002 in order to finance gas-fired power generation plants. Amount of taxable and tax-exempt revenue bonds sold; Underwriters and co-managers for tax-exempt and...
- Refunding Time. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p39
Reports on the plan of Maryland Community Development Administration to issue $54 million in tax-exempt revenue refunding bonds during the week started on January 28, 2002. Benefits of the refunding bonds of Maryland; Purpose for issuing tax-exempted revenue bonds of $7 million; Ratings...
- Water SRFs Rate Triple-A on Average as Sector Continues to Strengthen. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31437, p38
Reports the ratings of the tax-exemption bonds sold for wastewater and drinking water state revolving funds (SRF) in the U.S. Performance of the SRF programs; Funding of the programs from the grants of the Environmental Protection Agency; Provision of low interest loans to local governments and...
- New Braunfels ISD, Texas, Upgraded to AA-Plus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;11/ 7/2014, p21
The article reports on the decision of rating agency Fitch Ratings to upgrade the rating of the 130.1 million U.S. dollars unlimited tax bonds of New Braunfels Independent School District in Texas to AA-plus from AA.