Amtrak Renewal Bills Stalled Over Spending Control, Union Questions
- Amtrak Funding Bill Rolls Through House. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/23/2008, Vol. 260 Issue 21, p93
This article reports that the U.S. House has passed a legislation that will authorize billions of dollars in passenger-rail capital spending on June 11, 2008. The next step is to reconcile the House version with an $11.5-billion measure the Senate approved last October. Key differences between...
- House Transportation Panel Passes Bills Funding Amtrak, Rail Projects. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31383, p5
Reports the approval of the legislative bill for railway projects by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Allocation of funds for Amtrak Corp.; Provisions of the bill; Sources of funds.
- WFN IR No. 9 Community Message Board Capital Expend. By-law [B.C.]: WESTBANK FIRST NATION IR NO.9 COMMUNITY MESSAGE BOARD AND SCULPTURE CAPITAL EXPENDITURE BY-LAW NO. 11-TX-09. // First Nations Gazette;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1263
A summary is presented of the Westbank First Nation Indian Reserve Number Nine Community Message Board and Sculpture Capital Expenditure By-law Number 11-TX-09, enacted by the Council of Westbank First Nation and effective March 9, 2012.
- BY-LAWS UNDER THE INDIAN ACT RÃˆGLEMENTS ADMINISTRATIFS PRIS EN VERTU DE LA LOI SUR LES INDIENS: WESTBANK FIRST NATION IR NO.9 EAST BOUNDARY ROAD SIDEWALK DEVELOPMENT PROJECT PHASE V CAPITAL EXPENDITURE BY-LAW NO. 11-TX-07. // First Nations Gazette;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1268
A summary is presented of the Westbank First Nation Indian Reserve Number Nine East Boundary Road Sidewalk Development Project Phase V Capital Expenditure By-law Number 11-TX-07, enacted by the Council of Westbank First Nation on October 11, 2011.
- WFN IR No.9 Offsite Improvements Beach Capital Expend. By-law [B.C.]: WESTBANK FIRST NATION IR NO.9 OFFSITE IMPROVEMENT BEACH CAPITAL EXPENDITURE BY-LAW NO. 11-TX-10. // First Nations Gazette;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1271
A summary is presented of the Westbank First Nation Indian Reserve Number Nine Offsite Improvement Beach Capital Expenditure By-law Number 11-TX-10, enacted by the Council of Westbank First Nation and effective March 9, 2012.
- Amtrak high-yield investment program to benefit rail service. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/02/98, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p25
Focuses on United States-based Amtrak's first installment of a capital investment program that will address the railroad's critical capital backlog. Building of long-term operating strength; Role of the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 in making possible the program; Goal of reducing the railroad's...
- Going Whose Way? Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p1
Reports on the uncertainty related to the approval of the pending legislation to provide rail service provider Amtrak Corp. billions of dollars bond funding. Several proposals of Amtrak under consideration before the U.S. Congress; Overview of the tax-credit bond legislation; Several...
- Mineta Proposes Loan Guarantee for Amtrak. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31417, p5
Reports the proposal of the U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Y. Mineta of a loan guarantee for the employees of Amtrak Corp. Provisions of the supplemental spending bill; Views of the officials of Amtrak Corp. on the proposed bill; Allocation of budget.
- Tax Legislation: Democrats Propose $9B in Amtrak Bonds. Kinnander, Ola; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p4
Reports on the proposal of the Democratic leaders of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee to allow railroad transportation company Amtrak Corp. to issue taxable tax-credit bonds for high-speed rail and other projects. Terms proposed by the committee for issuing the bonds; Total amount allowed for...