House Panel OKs Runway Building Bill
- TRANSPORTATION. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/13/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p7
The article reports on the completion of a 25 million U.S. dollar runway upgrade by the Brigham City Municipal Airport in Utah as of June 13, 2011.
- Runway coming along. // Travel Daily;12/10/2014, p7
The article focuses on the construction of a parallel runway at the Brisbane Airport, Queensland.
- Hong Kong government endorses third runway. // Air Transport World;May2012, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that the Executive Council of Hong Kong, China has approved the construction of the third runway in Hong Kong International (HKI) to meet future demand.
- Smart spreading renews. McKain, Dan; McKain, Gini // International Construction;Sep97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p72
Describes the runway resurfacing at Newark Airport in Newark, New Jersey. Rehabilitation of the bituminous asphalt pavement of Runway 4R-22L; Aim of reducing hydroplaning of the runway; Installation of an in-pavement lighting system.
- French election backlash. Michaud, Paul // International Construction;Jul97, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the dimming prospects for France to build two additional runways at the Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport following the election of a socialist-dominated government in June 1997. Protest by Roissy residents against the runway project; Efforts to call off construction of the...
- Five firms bid on $111m Duqm airport contract. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/25/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 26, p15
The article informs that bids from five contractors have been received by the Transport & Communications Ministry of Oman on June 13, 2010 to build a runway and airfield infrastructure for Duqm airport project.
- Jeffco Runway to Close Temporarily. Rimmer, David // Business & Commercial Aviation;Oct2000, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p30
Informs that the primary runway at Jefferson County Airport in Broomfield, Colorado, will be closed to traffic for the second phase of a taxiway construction project.
- New York State Airport Grows During Recession. // AirGuide Online.com;3/22/2010, p3
The article reports that the Canandaigua Airport in New York has grown during recession and has planned to expand its runway.
- PUSH GROWS FOR MORE RUNWAYS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/02/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 13, p12
Reports on the efforts of major airport groups in the United States to speed airport runway construction. Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) forecast of an increase in U.S. airlines passenger volume by 2012; Capacity shortcomings at 13 airports; Environmental reviews of runway plans by the...