Measuring the Efficiency and Effectiveness of a Nonprofit's Performance
- Nonprofits are now paying handsome dividends. Kahan, Stuart // Practical Accountant;Mar97, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p46
Focuses on the potential for accountants in the nonprofit organizations in the United States. Increase of the nonprofit practice of accountants; Importance of offering business and computer consulting to the nonprofits; Increase of involvement by accountants in the area of business consulting;...
- 'Low-Key' charity accounts? Collier, Philip // Accountancy;Jan1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1097, p123
Presents a reader's comment on an article about accounting for nonprofits, published in the August 1984 issue of 'Accountancy.'
- Preparing for Your Audit. FRAINT, ERIC // Voice of Chorus America;Summer2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p31
The article discusses the importance of auditing nonprofit organizations (NGO). It offers information on the audit process and tips on preparing for an audit. According to the author, audit is a tool that can be used by an NGO to determine the financial status of the organization and to assure...
- Putting not-for-profit standards into practice. Danyluk, Kerry; Hillier, Diana // CA Magazine;May97, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p42
Reports on the accounting recommendations for not-for-profit organizations in Canada. Investigation on the implementation and implication of the recommendations; Review of some sections in the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants Handbook; Addition of six new Handbook sections by the...
- Selecting accounting software for nonprofit organizations. Rogoff, Paul // CPA Journal;Nov93, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p18
Discusses the specialized accounting requirements of nonprofit organizations. Demand for distinct software features; Significant factors influencing financial reporting and information gathering; Changes in financial statement formats; Multiple-user requirements; Software that generate...
- Navigating the not-for-profit seas. Shelmon, Nancy // Outlook;Spring96, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p28
Informs certified public accountants on how to work in the not-for-profit sector. Accounting and reporting requirements; Questions to consider before deciding to enter the not-for-profit sector; Researching the right clients.
- Accounting for investments by not-for-profits under FASB's proposed standard. Jordan, Charles E.; Clark, Stanley J. // Ohio CPA Journal;Aug95, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p55
Reports on the standards issued by the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASB) for accounting for certain investments held by not-for-profit organizations. Current inconsistencies; Investments in debt and equity securities; Investment gains, losses and income. INSET: Disclosures..
- Preparing financial statements for not-for-profit entities under SFAS no. 117. Jordan, Charles E.; Clark, Stanley J. // Ohio CPA Journal;Apr96, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p24
Illustrates the new reporting requirements for the accounting of non-profit organizations in the United States under SFAS No. 117. Need for three basic financial statements; Statement of financial position; Provision of relevant information to financial statement users about entity's cash receipt.
- Accounting for certain investments held by not-for-profit organizations. Thompson, James H. // CPA Journal;Sep96, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p50
Discusses the principles behind the Financial Accounting Standards Board Statement (FASB) No. 124, Accounting for Certain Investments by Not-for-Profit-Organizations. Applications; Background; Problems that the policy establishes to resolve.