S&P: Distressed Ratio Nears 15%
- AES Lights Up HY with $1.25B Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/3/2011, p3
This article reports on the sale of a junk bond deal by the U.S. power company AES in September 2011.
- High-Yield Munis Jump as Puerto Rico Bounces Off Lows. Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;11/12/2015, p11
The article focuses on the recovery in municipal high yield market due to cash flow along with the improvement in Puerto Rico bonds.
- Four alternative strategies retain 5 star rating - S&P. Tsanadis, Andrew // Money Management;8/18/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p9
The article presents a report on the alternative strategies equity sector which reveals that CFS Wholesale Equity Income, K2 Australian Absolute Return, Platinum International and Platinum Asia have maintained a 5 star rating in Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) in Australia.
- Jackson County Falls to A+. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/7/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33295, p9
The article reports that Jackson County, Missouri's 2006 special obligation bonds issued for the Harry S. Truman Sports Complex has been downgraded by Standard & Poor's Corp. by one notch A-plus due to a weakened financial position.
- S&P DROPS CHICAGO TO A-PLUS. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p1
The article reports on Chicago's heavy use of non-recurring revenues to balance its budget and its sizable unfunded pension liabilities that made drove Standard & Poor's Corp. to drop the city's general obligation rating from the double-A category.
- S&P Revises Mich. Hospital With Bank-Linked Debt. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;6/23/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33538, p4
The article reports that the outlook on a small Michigan hospital that is facing the possibility of accelerated debt-service payments on its debt has been revised by Standard & Poor's Corp. to negative from stable.
- S&P: Recovery Rates in 2009 Below Average. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;3/1/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p7
The article discusses a report published by Standard & Poor's which revealed that the recovery rates on defaulted securities in 2009 were below the long-term average.
- Distressed Debt Hits 12-Year Low. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/3/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p30
The article focuses on a report released by Standard & Poor's which revealed that U.S. distressed debt hit a 12-year low as of April 15, 2010 when the distressed ratio reached 6.7%, a drop from 9.7% in March, to 32 billion dollars from 47.7 billion dollars.
- Borrowing costs may rise from debt rating. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;2/14/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the move by ratings agency Standard and Poor's Rating Services (S&P) to downgrade New Jersey's debt rating to AA-minus from AA that could possibly affect the state's future borrowing costs.