Loan Investors Gain Upper Hand in Third Quarter
- More Debt Buyers Get Side Order Of Equity. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;5/14/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the intent of some investors to engage in co-investment within the equity portion of a leveraged buyouts transactions in the U.S. The said move has been considered as the new trend in the equity market which has been viewed to upswing the business activity in the country....
- Will bankers to LBO firms find themselves out of work too? Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/15/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p10
Considers the impact that the decline in leveraged buyout (LBO) deal volume will have on investment bankers catering to the LBO market. Decline in deal volume from 1999 to 2000; Possible layoffs of financial sponsor bankers; Interest rates; Effect of the depressed state of the high-yield debt...
- Investors Move Cash to Loans from Bond Funds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/18/2013, p5
The article reports on the increase in leveraged loan funds holdings of investors as of February 2013.
- Refinancings: Just How Far Will Institutions Go On Pricing? Hintze, Jphn // Bank Loan Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the refinancing of leveraged buyouts deals in the U.S. in 2002.
- Return of LBO Megadeals Foreseen in Loan Market. Kellerhals, Richard // American Banker;11/23/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 180, p16
The article discusses the possibility of a $10 billion leveraged buyout in the loan market, considering the U.S. economic situation of 2010 and the fact that private-equity firms need to invest $850 billion in capitol if they prefer not to return it to investors.
- Stage Set For LBO Upturn, But It Might Be Conservative. Conrad, Lee // Bank Loan Report;9/10/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 35, pN.PAG
Leveraged buyout (LBO) activity may be headed for an uptick over the next six to 12 months. Even as the U.S. economy sags, there is more LBO money looking to be put to work. The amount of money at the more than 100 buyout firms with $1 billion or more in assets, combined with the cash at smaller...
- Loans End Record Quarter on Weak Note. K. S. // Leveraged Finance News;7/8/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the record performance of leveraged loans issuance in the U.S. in the second quarter of 2013. It notes that the issuance of leveraged loan has reached an all-time high of $323.29 bullion, beating the previous record set in the first quarter by 11 percent. It adds that the...
- Private Equity Can Make Firms More Innovative. Torres, Nicole // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;6/29/2015, p2
The article discusses research conducted led by Joel Stiebale of the DÃ¼sseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE), which investigated how leveraged buyouts by private equity (PE) investors can help firms improve their market value, adopt innovations and achieve business growth.
- Banks' Equity Bridges May Be More Like Tightropes. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;5/28/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p1
The article focuses on the investment banks engaged in arranging debt for leveraged buyout (LBO) funds that are establishing equity bridges to aid private equity sponsors in the U.S. It discusses the presence of equity bridges in any LBO deals so that sponsors may avoid bringing more private...