Renaissance Accepts Improved Permira Bid
- Permira Bid Wins Renaissance Learning. // Electronic Education Report;10/3/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Renaissance Learning Inc. by private equity firm Permira Funds for 455 million U.S. dollars. It mentions that Renaissance provides school improvement programs and technology-based student assessment for PreKindergarten-12 schools. It is noted that...
- Renaissance Learning Acquisition is Complete. // Electronic Education Report;10/31/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the completion of the acquisition of Renaissance Learning Inc. by private equity firm Permira Funds in the U.S. after Premira's shareholders approved the transaction in a vote on October 17, 2011.
- Renaissance Accepts Improved Bid. COLTER, ALLISON BISBEY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/3/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p3
This article reports on the acceptance of the takeover bid from Permira Funds by education software maker Renaissance Learning, which matched the higher bid offer of rival Plato Learning.
- Permira Buys Dr Martens for $486M. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/28/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p27
The article reports on the purchase of shoe manufacturer R. Griggs Group Ltd. by private equity firm Permira Funds worth 300 million British pounds.
- Learning analytics valued highly. // e.learning age;Apr2014, p2
The article reports on private equity investment form Hellman & Friedman's acquisition of learning analytics firm Renaissance Learning, a company engaged in offering assessment and learning analytics for K12 or primary and secondary education.
- Bestinvest bought by private equity vehicle. Macdonald, Sam // Money Marketing (Online Edition);11/14/2013, p60
The article reports that private equity firm 3i sold its majority share in Bestinvest, an online investment service, to a private equity firm owned by Permira funds. The deal, set to be completed in 2014, will allow Permira to support the plans of Bestinvest to capitalise on the advice gap and...
- Renaissance Learning Has Two Offers to Buy. // Electronic Education Report;9/5/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the planned acquisition of Renaissance Learning Inc. by Permira Funds, but with higher offer from Plato Learning Inc. The board of Renaissance continues to advise the company's acceptance of the offer of Permira. However, there is a negotiation between the two bidders of...
- Renaissance Learning Will Acquire Computing Device Maker AlphaSmart For $57 Million In Q2. // Electronic Education Report;2/11/2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
This article reports on the acquisition of the classroom computing device maker AlphaSmart in a multimillion-dollar deal expected to close in the second quarter of 2005 by Renaissance Learning, an instructional software publisher. According to John Hickey, president and CEO of Renaissance, the...
- Renaissance and Pearson Expand Tech Partnerships. // Electronic Education Report;2/28/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on various business partnerships intended to acquire instructional software provider. Collaborations include acquisition between online learning assessment firm Renaissance Learning and internet company Google Inc., and the merger of publishing and education company Pearson...