- Every Day Is National Lab Day. Bull, Glen // Learning & Leading with Technology;Aug2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information related to the educational system in the U.S. It highlights U.S. President Barack Obama's call for increased hands-on learning in schools and encouraging young people to be makers of things. According to Obama, the future of the country depends on their ability to...
- From homework to home learning. Spencer, John T. // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb2014, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p74
The author discusses his transition as a teacher from assigning homework to his students, to engaging students in learning at home in other ways. Topics discussed include the developing of work ethics in students, parental involvement in student home learning, and the compulsory aspects of...
- Creativity on the Brink. Starko, Alane // Educational Leadership;Feb2013, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p54
The article discusses a need for an increased focus on developing student creativity in the U.S. education system, highlighting creativity's connection to learning and motivation. The author compares the U.S. education system with that of China and special attention is paid to the emphasis on...
- Cooperative Learning and Academic Achievement: Why Does Groupwork Work? Slavin, Robert E. // Anales de PsicologÃa;oct2014, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p785
Cooperative learning refers to instructional methods in which students work in small groups to help each other learn. Four major theo-retical perspectives on achievement effects of cooperative learning are re-viewed: Motivational, social cohesion, developmental, and cognitive elabo-ration....
- The Role of Communication and Cohesion in Reducing Social Loafing in Group Projects. Lam, Chris // Business & Professional Communication Quarterly;Dec2015, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p454
This study examines previously untested variables that influence social loafing in professional and technical communication group projects by determining the influence of communication quality and task cohesion on social loafing. A set-up factors model, which included group size, peer review,...
- FISD 'Reads Millions' exceeds expectations. // Wilson County News;6/18/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 25, p6E
The article offers information related to the Floresville Reads Millions, a program of the Floresville Independent School District (FISD) to initiate love of reading in students, as of June 2014.
- Jordan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/29/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 30/31, p39
The article focuses on the rising living costs and labour issues caused by informal work becoming a threat to social cohesion in Jordan.
- HOWARD'S WAY. Williamson, Howard // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;8/10/2010, p32
The article presents the author's perspectives on the doubts regarding the capacity of the National Citizen Service (NCS) to truly produce the social cohesion by linking young people from various backgrounds in a shared experience and enterprise in Great Britain in 2010.
- Empowering Learners in the 21st Century. DUNCAN, ARNE // Education Digest;Dec2013, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p67
The article discusses information on how teachers and educational professionals can help to motivate and empower students to learn in 21st century U.S. education, adapted from a posting by Arne Duncan on the blog of the U.S. Department of Education on June 11, 2013.