More employers see risks, costs of obesity
- The Skinny on Weight Loss in the Workplace. Doyle Jr., James J. // njbiz;8/11/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p6
Deals with the growing obesity problem among U.S. adults. Statistics on the prevalence of obesity; Annual cost of obesity in terms of preventive, diagnostic and treatment services; Worth of American consumption or expenditure on weight-loss products; Health risks facing overweight persons; Ways...
- Confronting the Toll of Obesity. // Risk Management (00355593);Oct2003, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p8
The article discusses the establishment of the Institute on the Costs and Health Effects of Obesity to handle the problem of obesity in the U.S. In 1994, one out of every four adults in the U.S. could be classified as obese. In 2003, the proportion has increased in one in three. Meanwhile,...
- Strategic cost reduction. Delmar, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/30/02, Vol. 41 Issue 52, p30
Focuses on the strategic cost reduction in the companies in the U.S. Increase in profits through cost reduction; Growth of the service components in the manufacturing companies; Definition of strategy.
- Turning the corner. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/23/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 38, p11
Reports on the indications of recovery in the advertising sector in the U.S. Increase in the number of advertising accounts; Projected increase in advertising spending; Attitude of companies toward advertising.
- Airline and hotel rates stabilize for American business travelers. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/29/96, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p12
Reports on airline and hotel rates for American business travelers in 1995. Results of a nationwide survey of travel managers by `Runzheimer Reports on Travel Management'; International and domestic airfares; Car rental rates.
- New Year's resolutions for businesses. // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/08/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the need for companies in the United States to impose cost control measures. Importance of sales to a company; Retainment of customers.
- Don't ignore that supply chain and save. // Quality;Aug97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the improvement of U.S. companies' supply chain. Conduction of study by Weston, Pennsylvania-based Pittiglio Rabin Todd & McGrath; Findings of study; Functioning of top US companies with fewer inventory days; Costs of material acquisitions.
- Travel and entertainment cost-cutting targets. // ABA Banking Journal;Jan1987, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p140
Examines the number of companies recognizing the efforts to control travel and entertainment expenses in the U.S. Consideration of the salaries and data processing; Emphasis of an effective means of cutting expenses; Creation of a travel policy.
- Survey shows business travel costs climbing. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/13/98, Vol. 45 Issue 28, p18A
Reports on the increase in the median annual cost of business travel for American companies in 1998. Costs associated with business travels per traveler; Breakdown of costs associated with business travels.