Of Taxes and Baseball: Reno, Nev., Seeks Double Play
- Minnesota Scrambles to Save Twins From Contraction Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p5
Reports on the efforts made by state authorities in Minnesota to save the state's baseball team Minnesota Twins from a contraction plan by Major League Baseball. Interviews staged by Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura with the media; Meetings scheduled by a joint legislative stadium task force to...
- Grizzlies future depend on stadium construction. D'Ambrosio, Michele // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/19/98, Issue 322370, p1
Reports that the future of Fresno Grizzlies baseball team depends on the multi-purpose stadium and the financing package to build it. Proposal of the Diamond Group; Results of a draft study of the proposed stadium conducted by Pricewaterhousecoopers.
- Corporate pitch. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/93, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p1A
Reports on the plans of the city of Indianapolis, Indiana to construct a stadium for the Indianapolis Indians baseball team. Financing; Role of corporations in making minor-league stadiums possible; Reaction of local companies regarding the construction; Use of public funds; Rationale of...
- Aeros set to take off. Jameson, Keith // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/24/97, Vol. 18 Issue 12, pT-14
Reports on the Canton-Akron Indians baseball team's change of its name and home stadium. Team's adoption of the name `Akron Aeros'; Team's logo and mascot updates; Completion of the Canal Park Stadium in Akron, Ohio; Connection between the Akron Aeros and the Cleveland Indians.
- Stadium Would Be Victory for the Home Team'. Hughes, Jason // San Diego Business Journal;11/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p59
The author discusses the need for the redevelopment of a new football stadium in San Diego, California to keep the Major League Baseball team San Diego Chargers as a main economic catalyst in the region.
- DIAMOND LIFE. // Indianapolis Monthly;May2001 City Guide, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p192
Focuses on the supports provided to baseball team Indianapolis Indians in Indiana. Victory of the team in the Triple-A World Series; Amenities offered by the baseball stadium of the Indians; Assertion on the baseball stadium as the best minor league ballpark.
- No lack of suggestions for baseball stadium site. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;5/27/96, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p28
Reports on the controversy over the site of a new baseball stadium in San Diego, California. Site suggestions from several legislators; San Diego city's extension of baseball team San Diego Chargers' lease to 2020; Delay of the expansion project for the stadium due to a civil lawsuit filed by...
- Minor-league team plays ball with Yonkers officials. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;04/03/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the negotiations undertaken by Bridgeport Bluefish baseball team owners to gain permission for the team to play at a stadium in Yonkers, New York. Possibility of a written commitment to finalize the talk; Prospects of gaining the approval according to the team owners.
- BASEBALL at GROUND ZERO. Mitchell, Greg // Progressive;Aug87, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the construction of a 30,000-seat stadium in Hiroshima, Japan in 1954 to welcome its first professional baseball team, the Carp. Hope of Mayor Shinzo Hamai that baseball would help residents forget what happened at the atomic bomb explosion in the area on August 6, 1945; Description...