Delaware Leaders Offer Plan to Close Budget Gap
- Poll: No budget, no paycheck. L.J. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/28/97, Vol. 44 Issue 30, p40
Reports that majority of respondents in the survey conducted by the `This Week' magazine in New York state favors withholding salaries for state legislators and government officials for failure to pass the state budget as of July 18, 1997.
- 'Councillor salaries should be frozen for the next two years'. Scott, David // Public Finance;11/27/2009, p9
The article reports on the salary freeze of several local officials in Scotland due to the issue on budget pressure.
- HOT ENOUGH FOR YOU? Logan, Andy // New Yorker;8/7/1978, Vol. 54 Issue 25, p60
The article reports on the issues faced by public officials in New York during summertime. In the summer of 1975, the New Yorkers realized the imminent financial ruin for the city unless extraordinary reductions in services were imposed. The summer of 1976 is said to be the more visible turning...
- IN THE FRAME. Humberstone, Tom // New Statesman;5/3/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5156, p18
A cartoon is presented on the subject of government budget cuts.
- 8 percent solution for tardy budgeteers. Fox, Joel // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/13/2003, Issue 323099, p29
Focuses on the plans of the government officials to pass a bill increasing the state budget of Sacramento, California. Effects of the bill on various businesses; Rise of tax rates; Way of boosting the economy of the area.
- Hamtramck, Mich., Finances Taken over By the State. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31020, p28
Reports the violation of a consent agreement by city officials in Hamtramck, Michigan. Appointment of Louis H. Schimmel Jr. as emergency financial manager; Provision of the Local Government Fiscal Responsibility Act; Account on the bond debt outstanding and deficit of the city.
- The buck stops where? // Caribbean Business;6/28/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p28
Reports on budget deficit in Puerto Rico. Prohibition of the Commonwealth constitution of 1952 on unbalanced budget; Reasons for the lower revenue projection; Details on government officials responsible for revenue projections.
- Budget Expert Exits. O'Reilly, Evan // Governing;Dec2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p68
Reports on the resignation of Donna Arduin as state finance director of California. Reason behind her resignation; Efforts of Arduin to reduce the state's budget deficit; Replacement for Arduin.
- Governing with reason. Penchoff, Jack // State Government News;Aug2003, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p9
Features Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Career background; Political issues faced by Huckabee; His views on issues on government budget.