McGraw Hill Sells J.J. Kenny Drake, S&P's Muni Inter-Dealer Broker Unit
- S&P veteran leaves to join parent as VP. Richtmeyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p27
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) managing director Glenn Goldberg has left to become senior vice president at S&P's parent firm McGraw-Hill Co. Responsibilities; Achievements at S&P; Background.
- Instructors and students offered direct access to S&P financial data. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/12/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p17
Reports on the development of an education version of Market Insight database by McGraw-Hill/Irwin and Standard and Poor's. Online information source that provides financial data on United States companies in the S&P Compustat database; Benefits of the service for teachers and students of...
- Revenues for Standard & Poor's Climb by 10% in Second Quarter. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p7
Reports on the rise in revenues earned by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp., a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill Cos., during the second quarter of 2003. Profits earned by the rating agency; Factors that led to the rise in its revenues; Growth in the rating industry.
- Standard & Poor's Renames Key Group. // Information Today;Dec1991, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has changed the name of its Retail Investor Services division to the Equity Investor Services Group. The announcement was made by Michael K. Hehir, executive vice president-operations. Standard & Poor is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McGraw-Hill...
- Standard & Poor's Compustat Adds SmallCap 600 to ExecuComp. // Information Today;Jan1996, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on an announcement by Standard & Poor's Compustat, a division of the McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc., that it has added the population of the S&P SmallCap 600 Index to ExecuComp, its electronic database of key executive compensation information. Designed with the input of expert...
- McGraw-Hill. Corty, Michael // Morningstar StockInvestor;3/15/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p29
Reports on the stock price performance of information-services company McGraw-Hill, as of February 28, 2006. Role of the firm's credit-rating business, Standard & Poor's, in its wide economic moat; Details of the company's operations; Fair value estimate for the company.
- Independence, Ore., GO Outlook Revised to Negative by S&P. // Bond Buyer;9/11/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33780, p1
The article offers information that the company Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has degraded the rating of the general obligation bonds of Independence, Oregon.
- New Hampshire Outlook to Stable by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;12/8/2014, p24
The article reports the move by Standard & Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services as of early December 2014 to revise its outlook on New Hampshire to stable from negative and maintain its AA long-term rating on the state's general obligation bonds.
- S&P Lowers Four Muni Classes After Commerzbank Downgrade. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31489, p6
Reports the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. to lower its ratings on four categories of municipal bonds in the U.S. Association of the municipal bonds with Commerzbank; Municipal bond insurance policies issued by insurers; Status of the affected bonds.
- Good news isn't always a surprise: S&P survey finds credit is robust. Kruger, Daniel; Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;07/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30182, p1
Presents the results of a Standard & Poor's Corp. report indicating the strong performance of the municipal bond market for the first half of fiscal 1997 in the United States. Credit sectors with the strongest performance; Problems with measuring the strength of counties; Trends affecting...