Illinois Agency Shelves Plans to Raise Tolls
- Tollway road kill. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;08/11/97, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p4
Focuses on the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority and its impact on state agencies. Indepth look at the budgeting of funds of state lawmakers; Details on a legal battle involving the agencies and lawmakers; Comments from executive director, general counsel and sole staffer at the Education...
- Two Illinois House committees start joint hearings on toll highway issue. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;07/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30188, p2
Reports on the joint hearing of two committees of the Illinois House of Representatives starting July 16, 1997 to decide how to increase the accountability of the Toll Highway Authority to taxpayers without endangering its bondholders' interest. Response to a Cook County Circuit Court ruling...
- Illinois agencies fear tollways's fate may be their own. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;07/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30193, p25
Focuses on the impact of Illinois lawmakers' oversight of the finances of Illinois State Toll Highway Authority to debt issuers. Proposal on the use of motor fuel taxes to provide security on the authority's toll revenue bonds; Special language put against the rulings in the tollway; Violations...
- A debt pileup on the Illinois tollway. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;02/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
Comments on financial problems being faced by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Information on the debt load of the company; Plans of the company to construct tollway extensions in Will and Lake counties; Comments from Toll Highway Authority Chairman Julian D' Esposito.
- Tollways. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;06/09/97, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p26
Reports on a deadline given to Illinois Toll Highway Authority, by a Cook County judge, for violation of the State Constitution by spending money collected from motorists, without approval. Date of the deadline; Violation of the State Constitution; Appeal by lawyers expected.
- Tollway takeover? A case of misplaced priorities. // Crain's Chicago Business;08/04/97, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p12
Opinion. Discusses the plans which have been put in place to put the independent Illinois State Toll Highway Authority under the jurisdiction of state legislators. Aims to get more control over how the agency spends its budget; Information on a lawsuit which charges that the tollway's...
- Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;08/04/97, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p42
Reports on how drivers have reacted to the news that the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority is considering destroying the Deerfield Toll Plaza. Long delays which drivers experience at the plaza.
- Tollway hit on freebies. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;7/29/96, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p1
Reports on a controversy over special passes issued by Illinois State Toll Highway to public officials for their free use of the tollway. State law's stipulation on such passes; Dollar amounts involved in the practice; Passes as a form of special treatment for a group of politicians who are in...
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;10/19/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32737, p32
A correction to the article which features the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority that was published in the October 17, 2007 is presented.