Moody's to Weigh in on States' Efforts to Diversify Industries
- Citing Severity of Shrotfall, Moody's Downgrades Oregon. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p5
Reports that ratings company Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded Oregon to Aa3 from Aa2. Reason for the downgrade; Effect of the downgrade on outstanding general obligation debt; Ratings assigned by other ratings company.
- Rowley, Mass., GOs Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;01/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31056, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the general obligation bonds of the town of Rowley in Massachusetts.
- Coastal Massachusetts Town Steps Up Into Triple-A Land. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;3/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31350, p4
Reports the decision of Moody's Investors Service to upgrade the rating of Hingham from to Aaa from Aa1 in Massachusetts. Amount of fixed-rate bonds sale; Growth of the in the tax base; Implication of the non-reliance of the on state aid.
- Moody's: Sensible Fiscal Approaches Keeping Texas Cities Afloat. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p40
Reports the economic survey of cities by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Texas. Reduction in the sales tax revenues of the cities; Effort of city officials to save the economic downturn; Projection for a stable economy among the city by the researchers of Moody's.
- Cook County, Ill., Upgraded on Way To Market With $225 Million in GOs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31334, p5
Reports on the upgradation in rating of Cook County, Illinois by the credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Reason behind the upgradation; Possible plans of county for sale of its government bonds.
- Moody's Outlook on Connecticut's Localities Is 'Cautiously Stable'. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31643, p5
his article reports that the credit outlook for Connecticut's cities and towns is stable, according to the ratings agency Moody's Investors Services Inc. The municipalities got a stable outlook despite some concerns regarding the state's finances which could challenge that stability in the...
- Trends in the Region: Tennessee Counties Doing Much Better Than Their State. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p30
Reports on the rating upgrades for several counties and a city from Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Tennessee. Improvement in the balance sheets and debt burdens; Reserves for the counties and cities; Performances of the local governments.
- Jefferson Co. Sells Last Deal Before Merger With Louisville. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31508, p34
Reports that Jefferson County, Alabama, is selling general obligation refunding bonds before merger with Louisville, Kentucky, on January 6, 2003 as of November 7, 2002. Rating assigned to the refunding by Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Approval of a referendum by voters in Jefferson County,...
- Moody's Sees Diversity Boosting CMBS Quality. // National Mortgage News;01/02/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p11
Focuses on the economic diversity of cities in the United States. Results of Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s annual survey of collateralized mortgage-backed securities; Identification of demand-side risk; Changes in floating-rate deals.