Pitt Calls For Transparency Improvement
- MSRB offers muni pricing initiatives. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/30/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30631, p1
Reports on municipal bond pricing initiatives of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board in the United States. Expansion of the amount of trade information reported daily; Development of a system to report prices from all municipal bond trades.
- MSRB: Retail market big, could get bigger. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30813, p1A
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's launching of an expanded price transparency program in the United States. Increased trading in the municipal bond market; First-time picture of municipal securities trading.
- MSRB eyes Jan. for new price reports. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/10/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30785, p1
Informs that the United States-based Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board is hoping to introduce its expanded price reporting program in mid-January 2000. Need for prior approval by the US Securities and Exchange Commission; Goal toward real-time reporting of prices from municipal securities...
- Kentucky Issuer Plans Sale to Redeem BABs. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;4/15/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34092, p1
The article reports that the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government in Kentucky has decided to sell about 61.71 million dollars of bonds on April 22, 2014 in order to redeem 60.47 million dollars of Build America Bonds (BABs) that it issued in 2010. It further states that issuer disclosed...
- MSRB, NASD will scrutinize markups. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30409, p3
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) and NASD Regulation Inc.'s review of dealer markups on municipal bonds and other fixed-rate securities in 1999, as discussed at the Bond Market Association regional management conference. Discussion of changes brought by the...
- Market Post: Traders Revisit Maryland. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;8/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34169, p1
The article focuses on the interest of investors in the general obligation intermediate duration maturities of the state of Maryland during trading as of August 2014. Topics discussed include high yield on Maryland's general obligation bonds deal in July 2014, decline in yields of 14- and...
- EMMA Now Has 'Related Securities' Function. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;6/17/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34327, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has added a new feature to its EMMA website that allows users to locate disclosure information that might otherwise be difficult to find in cases where new CUSIP numbers are assigned to portions of bonds after issuance.
- MSRB Issues First-of-a-Kind Compliance Advisory for MAs. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;11/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
In a first-of-a-kind action, the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board released a compliance advisory for municipal advisors on Thursday to help them understand and implement new regulations.
- Municipal Bond Prices End Lower Amid Selling; Market Fragmented. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31226, p2
Reports the decrease of municipal bond prices despite increase of consumer price data in the United States. Increase of trading activity in New York, New York; Impact of World Trade Center attacks on bond market; Total bond trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board.