THE TRADING FLOOR
- No Fan of 90s 'Miracles.'. Welling, Kathryn M. // Traders Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 186, p52
Presents an interview with James W. Paulsen, chief investment officer of Wells Capital Management. Global sales growth in the post-war period; His views on the bull market in the 1990s; Possibility of a period of reliquification; Comments on the Goldilocks economy in the 1990s.
- How to keep your edge during a downsizing. Schoeppel, Cynthia // Secretary;Mar96, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p18
Presents strategies for future employment after a downsizing. Attitude towards work; Importance of learning new skills; Establishing network inside and outside of the company.
- The Impact of Reemployment Bonuses on Insured Unemployment in the New Jersey and Illinois Reemployment Bonus Experiments. Decker, Paul T. // Journal of Human Resources;Summer94, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p718
Compares the effects of two approaches of offering Unemployment Insurance (UI) claimants a cash bonus for rapid reemployment on the rate at which claimants stopped receiving UI. Illinois and New Jersey experiments; Impact of declining bonus on New Jersey claimants; Reduction of the rate at...
- Re-employment project. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Feb95, p9
Reports that China will launch a nationwide re-employment scheme following a trial project in April 1994.
- Quick return to work. // Professional Safety;Jul96, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p1
Cites a study on the motivation behind employees' willingness to return to work more quickly than others, conducted by the Gallup Organization in collaboration with Fortis Benefits Insurance Co. Tendency of quick-returning employees to be more resilient, proactive and conscientious than those...
- Return-to-work transition jobs hasten recovery and save money. Olin, Meike // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/22/96, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p22
Presents steps for the successful implementation of return-to-work programs. Includes gaining of support of top management; Appointment of a transitional work program coordinator; Meeting with the management of all departments to explain the modified duty concept; Preparation of a transitional...
- Journal abstracts. // Social Security Bulletin;Winter95, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p141
Highlights the report `Work After Early Retirement: An Increasing Trend Among Men,' by Diane E. Herz, published in the April 1995 issue of `Monthly Labor Review.' Investigation of trends in retirement ages and work after retirement by analyzing information on both receipt of a pension and...
- Reemployment Act is completed. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;May94, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p148
Reports on the completion of the Reemployment Act of 1994. Assistance for workers in getting the training and counseling they need to ascend to higher-wage jobs; Features of the bill; Projected costs of the bill.
- Let's talk about work. Newson, Kirstie // Cancer Nursing Practice;Sep2013, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p13
The article focuses on researches published by Macmillan which was related to cancer patients who returns to work after their discharge. It states that majority respondents accepted that they rejoined their work after completing their cancer treatment. According to patients, work is important...