Commerce Bank Expands Trust Services
- Growth for its own sake. Streeter, William W. // ABA Banking Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on how bankers can make their business grow. Explanations of Cass Bettinger of Cass Bettinger & Associates on business growth; Strategy used by Earl McVicker, chief executive officer of Central Bank and Trust, for the bank; Information on the value proposition of Commerce Bancorp.
- Commerce Bacorp Inc. // Equities;Jul94, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p33
Reports on earnings, deposit and asset growth of Cherry Hill, N.J.-based Commerce Bancorp Inc. for the second quarter of 1994. Statement from Vernon W. Hill II, chairman of Commerce Bancorp; Contact information.
- One bank, four markets, five boards. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr87, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p122
Reports on the marketing success of Commerce Bank in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Importance of building ties with the community; Adaption of bank branches to the immediate market; Features of the financial shopping center of the bank.
- System builds on branch strategy. Steinborn, Deborah // ABA Banking Journal;Dec94, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p72
Focuses on Commerce Bank's use of technology in its expansion. Charges on ATM transactions; Data processing; Decrease in operational costs; Teller transaction time.
- Where convenience is a midsized market niche. // ABA Banking Journal;Jun98, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the business performance of Commerce Bancorp. Commerce's expansion plans; Banking services offered by Commerce; Commerce Bancorp's adaptation of a retailer's mindset.
- Commerce of Va. posts earnings gain. // American Banker;1/31/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the revenue of Commerce Bank for 1993. Revenue in 1992; Amount of bank assets; Fully-diluted earnings per share; Percentage on return on assets; Percentage on return on equity; Factors contributing to the growth of the bank.
- Commerce Bancorp of New Jersey to take home banking on-line. Tucker, Tracey // American Banker;7/25/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 141, p12
Reports on Commerce Bancorp's introduction of personal computer-based home banking services. Expansion of alternative delivery; Kinds of services offered to customers under home banking; Use of CFI ProServices Inc.'s software called Personal Branch for the home banking services.
- N.J.'s branch-happy Commerce finally gets its due on Wall St. Kaplan, Daniel // American Banker;5/28/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 101, p29
Reports on the performance of New Jersey-based Commerce Bancorp in the stock trading floor. Stock price changes; Trading volume fluctuations; Views on management's selling strategies.
- Winning deposits by betting on the branches. Nadler, Paul // American Banker;10/15/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 198, p11
Discusses the factors behind New Jersey bank Commerce Bank's profitability. Nonapplication of service charge on any balance of $100 or more; Opening schedule of bank branches; Training program and stock options to employees; Offer of online banking services; Competition with other banks.