DFW's High-Yield Deal
- Airports Seen Testing Market As Passenger Volume Improves. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p1
Reports on bond issuances by the U.S. airlines industry after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Recalibration of the capital programs; Improvements in volume of passenger travel.
- Airlines' Lingering Appeal. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p1
Reports on the continuing investment in airline bonds in the U.S. inspite of bankruptcy filings of United Airlines and US Airways Group Inc. as of December 2002. Consideration of investments as valuable by Oppenheimer Funds Inc. senior vice president Ronald Fielding; Developments in the sale of...
- Tulsa Airport Trust Hits Market With $154 Million Refunding. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;05/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31144, p3
Reports the plan of Tulsa Municipal Airport Trust to market with lease revenue refunding bonds on behalf of American Airlines Inc. in Dallas, Texas. Factors affecting the downfall of the airport operation; Brokers of the deal; Purpose of the bond refunding.
- Continued need for airport debt is propelled by surging traffic. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p6
Talks about the issuance of new-money bonds by airports in the United States as a result of slipping interest rates and skyrocketing traffic. Stronger-than-expected economic performance for the airlines; Concern about pressure on wages and other costs; Falling international demand from economic...
- Airlines and Telecom Rally. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;6/23/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the recovery of the airlines and telecommunications industry bonds in the U.S. Popularity among traditional high-yield investors; Efforts of the Federal Reserve System to reflate financial asset prices.
- New Deals Selling Well, Despite Airlines' Financial Troubles. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p29
Reports on the sale performance of the airport revenue bonds deal. Speculation related to the financial conditions of the airline sector; Companies involved in the deal; Chart indicating ten largest airport bond sales in 2003.
- O'Hare Offering in Sight. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/5/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31506, p1
Reports on the plans of Chicago Aviation, Illinois to sell long-term bonds of O'Hare International Airport's runway in the year 2003. Financial support from airlines at O'Hare for the project's initial planning costs; Submission of plans by the city for the project; Legislative proceedings of...
- SOUTHWEST BOND-WATCH. Victory, Darren; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31244, p35
Reports developments related to bonds in the United States as of October 2001. Impact of scaled-back operations of United Airlines Inc. on Denver International Airport; Goal of the obligation bond referendum; Use of sales tax revenue to finance street repairs.
- United's Legal Woes Put Investors on Accountability Alert. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p6
Reports on the legal uncertainty surrounding the revenue bonds issued for special facilities leased by United Airlines Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of the case on investors; Airports where special facilities revenue bonds have been issued for United; Control over airports' lease structures.