Keeping Competition Alive
- He Said, She Said. // CableFAX Daily;1/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Presents news briefs on the telecommunications industry in the U.S. as of January 2006. Information on the refusal of DISH Network's CEO Charlie Ergen to offer an extension for continued negotiations with Lifetime Movie Network; Negotiation by Charter of a tentative agreement with ABC affiliate...
- Ergen Hikes in Himalayas as Fox Talks Go On. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p29
The article reports on the move of chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen of Dish Network Corp. to take a hiking vacation in Himalayas, Nepal despite the company's dispute with Fox Cable Networks Services LLC.
- FOUR OF A KIND. // Total Telecom+;Oct2014, p23
The article talks about direct-broadcast and satellite service provider Dish Network, its chairman and co-founder Charlie Ergen, and Dish's plans for a video streaming service, establishing a mobile presence with telecommunications company T-Mobile U.S., and the AWS-3 spectrum auction.
- Ergen, Clayton Get Pay Hikes. // Multichannel News;4/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p23
The article reports on the 20% wage hike received by Englewood, California-based Dish Network Corp. chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen.
- Dish's License Buy May Be Start of a Spectrum Seiioff. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;9/28/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p5
The article reports on request of Dish Network from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to extend date for payment for acquisition of wireless spectrum's license. Topics discussed include sharing spectrums with several wireless companies including Verizon Communications, T- Mobile...
- Dish's Ergen Took Pay Cut in '10. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/28/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p26
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. chairman Charlie Ergen and his executives saw large cuts in their total salary in 2010 as the company continued to suffer from customer losses.
- Street likes fresh Dish. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;5/3/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the recognition given to Dish Network Corp. topper Charlie Ergen from Wall Street Journal for wiping out a lot of overhang at the satcaster by promoting the company's shares by nearly 4 dollars to 29 dollars.
- Charlie Ergen: Dish Network Bought Blockbuster to Open Wireless Store. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;2/18/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the announcement by Dish Network founder and chairman Charlie Ergen that its goal in acquiring the bankrupt Blockbuster was to roll out a subscription video-on-demand service aimed to rival Netflix.
- Ergen: Dish Has Options If Clearwire Deal Fails. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/25/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the statement made by Charlie Ergen, chairman at EchoStar regarding Dish Network has the options to build a terrestial wireless voice and data network if the company fails to purchase 25 percent of Clearwire's spectrum.