BUZZ IN BRIEF
- Interactive TV awareness up. Tarr // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/20/99, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p27
Reports on Forrester Research's study of the interactive television market in the United States as of September 20, 1999. Increase in market awareness for interactive television.
- DTV set sales falling short. May, Rebecca // Electronic Media;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p16
Reports on developments related to digital television (DTV) in the United States as of November 22, 1999. Sales performance of DTV sets as below the industry's expectations; Factors affecting the DTV market.
- Cable TV market key to set-top growth. Paxton, Mike // Electronic News;11/09/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2244, p10
Looks into the potential of cable television market in the United States. Current cable subscription; Opportunities for set-top manufacturers and component suppliers in the market; Digital innovations that sustained growth in the cable television set-top market.
- Home Antennas Get Big Boost From Digital, Satellite TV. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;02/26/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p41
Features several television antennas of several manufacturers in the United States. Impact of the demand for digital and satellite video on the antenna market; Accounts of the Futura Amplified TV Antenna, TV94725 from Jasco; Design of the ATS1070, UHF-FM outdoor high definition television...
- Outdoor antennas offer clear picture for digital future. McDonald, Martha // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;02/21/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p50
Discusses the factors that contribute to the growing interest in outdoor antennas. Arrival of terrestrial digital television; Local programming issue; Additional models; High-technology designs; Efforts of suppliers and retailers to address the antenna issues.
- CableLabs Releases Interface Spec. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/27/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p19
Reports on CableLabs' release of its OpenCable Network Interface standards for the cable television industry in the United States as of March 27, 2000. Details of the proposed standards; Data on the television supplies industry.
- My life in the theater. Steinberg, Don // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Feb98, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p97
Focuses on technological innovation in the television industry. Restrospective look at home theaters; Insight on surround sound; Cost of a pro Logic receiver and other electronic home theaters equipment; Information on digital versatile disc.
- Video hardware sales strong in August. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/20/99, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p4
Reports on developments related to the television supplies industry in the United States as of September 20, 1999. Increase in sales of video equipment; Increase in sales of camcorders; Increase in sales of videocassette recorders.
- Business wire. // Broadcast Engineering;Jul98, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p134
Presents developments regarding the television supplies industry in the United States as of July 1998. Includes Philo Television's acquisition of Quantel's Editbox digital non-linear on-line editing system; 360 Systems' installation of a Short/cut Personal Audio Editor; Avid Technology's...