- Dish Averts STELA Carriage Mandate. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;8/2/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p20
The article reports on the move of Dish Network Corp. to avoid the expedited noncommercial, high-definition station-carriage mandate in the newly reauthorized satellite distant blanket license law called the Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act (STELA) in which it forces the company...
- A Dish also served online. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;8/25/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the online video portal unveiled by Dish Network Corp. to give access to its satellite subscribers live and recorded shows, films and additional content to make content available online.
- MOBILE DISRUPTOR. // Total Telecom+;Feb2013, p4
The article discusses the impact of the move by U.S. satellite television provider Dish Network to lodge a 3.30-U.S. dollar-per-share offer for Clearwire on the telecommunication side of the industry.
- Sprint and DISH to Trial Fixed Wireless Broadband Service. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Dec2013, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p14
The article informs that the telecommunications firm Sprint Corp. and the satellite television service provider DISH Network Corp. are planning to jointly deploy a fixed wireless broadband service, on a trial basis, in Corpus Christi, Texas, which is going to be available in the middle of 2014.
- ESPN and Disney/ABC Television Group Launch WATCH Authenticated Products to DISH Customers. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
The article announces that DISH Network Corporation, a provider of quality satellite television programming, and Walt Disney Company, an American, diversified multinational mass media firm, has made available the WATCH ABC, WATCH ABC Family, WATCH Disney Channel, WATCH Disney XD and Watch ESPN.
- Dish Network Unveils Its $20 Monthly OTT Video Service. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK; PRANGE, STEPHANIE // Home Media Magazine;1/12/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p1
The article evaluates Sling Television, a standalone OTT video service, by direct-broadcast satellite service provider Dish Network.
- DISH Goes 4K, Adds Streaming. // Residential Systems;Feb2015, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p50
The article reports on the addition of direct-broadcast satellite service provider Dish Network Corp. of its streaming service, along with its announcement that it will supply 4K ultra-high-definition programming.
- Dish, DirecTV ponder merger. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/27/2014, pA02
The article reports on the plan of satellite television company Dish Network Corp. chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen in merging his company with another satellite television firm DirecTV headed by Mike White.
- To Dish or Not to Dish. Taylor, Chris // Time;10/28/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 18, p70
Discusses the pros and cons of satellite dish television in the United States. Finding of a study by J.D. Power & Associates that cable television networks lose two percent of total viewers each year to satellite television; Outlook for a merger between DirecTV, which is owned by Hughes, and...