Back to School on DRM
- Frontier and Methodologies on Digital Rights Management for Multimedia Social Networks. Zhiyong Zhang // International Journal of Digital Content Technology & its Applic;May2012, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p245
In recent years the emerging and versatile Multimedia Social Networks (MSN) and tools, such as YouTube, Google Video and Tudou, have further stimulated copyrighted digital multimedia contents and rights sharing among users based on social network platforms. These services and tools created more...
- Proxy signatures and buyer-seller watermarking protocols for the protection of multimedia content. Eslami, Ziba; Kazemnasabhaji, Mohammad; Mirehi, Narges // Multimedia Tools & Applications;Oct2014, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p2723
Watermarking techniques are developed to deal with multimedia distribution, authentication and copyright protection. It is usually the seller who embeds a watermark in multimedia content to identify the buyer. The embedded watermark can then be used to trace the traitors identity if unauthorized...
- An anonymous DRM scheme for sharing multimedia files in P2P networks. Chen, Yi-Ming; Wu, Wei-Chen // Multimedia Tools & Applications;Apr2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p1041
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) systems enable efficient multimedia file sharing and are inherently scalable on the Internet. However, the absence of a centralized authority and a suitable Digital Right Management (DRM) mechanism prompts many securities-related challenges and discourages the widespread use...
- A cost-effective key distribution of P2P IPTV DRM over opportunistic multicast overlay for e-commerce systems. Chang, Ray-I; Wei, Tsao-Ta; Wang, Chia-Hui // Electronic Commerce Research;Mar2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p49
Thanks to media compression advance and prevalence of broadband Internet, diversified multimedia network applications in e-commerce systems are more vigorously developing than ever. The most attractive IPTV services are emerging to be deployed by peer-to-peer (P2P) architecture to achieve...
- A generic partial encryption scheme for low-power mobile devices. Jeong, Eun; Kim, Bum; Lee, Dong // Multimedia Tools & Applications;Oct2014, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p2087
Content protection that allows only legitimate users to use specified content is essential in order to secure business in the consumer market. However, service providers and users suffer from low responsiveness when content is encrypted with traditional cryptographic tools that require strong...
- Ultraviolet Still Lost in the Cloud. M. F. // Sound & Vision;Oct2013, p24
The article presents information on the findings of the report Consumer Electronics Daily, according to which, consumers are critical about the digital rights authentication and cloud-based licensing service UltraViolet.
- Betting on UltraViolet. PRANGE, STEPHANIE // Home Media Magazine;3/26/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p3
The article describes UltraViolet, a platform that allows consumers store the rights to movies and other content in a digital location in the cloud.
- APPLE "DELETED" MUSIC TRACKS. // Computer Weekly;12/9/2014, p23
The article discusses allegations that the technology company Apple deleted digital music not purchased through its online music store iTunes and mentions that Augustin Farrugia, security director at Apple, noted the songs were removed due to digital rights management issues.
- Tweet All About It: KPBS Getting New Newsroom. York, Tom // San Diego Business Journal;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p3
The article reports on the temporary relocation of KPBS radio due to the construction of the multimedia newsroom in San Diego, California.