NBCU's Versus Launches Live Block of Studio Shows
- KEEPING SCORE. Booth, John // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p3
The article focuses on the shift in game plans of the two regional sports networks in Ohio, namely SportsTime Ohio and Fox Sports Net Ohio for the fall of 2006. The schedule of SportsTime Ohio does not include any live event program, whereas the schedule of Fox Sports Net Ohio will include a...
- IP for sports. HEINZER, THOMAS // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Dec2012, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p32
The article offers information on the role of Internet Protocol (IP) networks in sports applications for live event coverage. It informs that for video contribution networks, IP networks are preferable as they provide quality of service, resilience, switching speeds and scalability. It also...
- The Desperate Rush for Live TV. Guthrie, Marisa; Rose, Lacey // Hollywood Reporter;3/1/2013, Issue 8, p66
The article focuses on the increasing popularity of live television programs in the U.S. The television networks are spending around 7 million dollars to buy rights to air national Football League (NFL) games, award shows and late-night programs. CBS Broadcasting Inc. recently announced its...
- James game for 'SNL' Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/18/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 75, p2
The article reports that basketball player LeBron James will be hosting the season premier of the television program "Saturday Night Live." Television program producer Steve Higgins said that sports stars tend to be less frightened when hosting sports television program because they are used to...
- TELEVISION. // Time;Dec1967, Vol. 90 Issue 22, p17
The article reviews several television programs including "The Dean Martin Show," starring Lena Horne and Don Rickles, "Wide World of Sports," starring Jimmy Ellis and Cassius Clay, and "Look Up and Live."
- Why Do Consumers Prefer Watching the Game "Live"? // Journal of Sport Management;Oct2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p572
The article presents a summary of the article "Indeterminacy and live television," by J. Vosgerau, K. Wertenbroch, and Z. Carmon, originally published in a 2006 issue of "Journal of Consumer Research." The article examined why watching sport competitions live either in person or on live...
- Preakness has NBC in winner's circle. Kissel, Rick // Daily Variety;5/18/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 30, p4
The article reports on the strong ratings generated by NBC Television Network for its coverage of the "Preakness Stakes" in the U.S. The network's sports division garnered a 7.9/18 overnight household rating of the broadcast of the program where Rachel Alexandra became the first filly in 85...
- NBC revs up Red Bull action. // Daily Variety;12/19/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 54, p6
The article reports on the initiative of NBC Sports Group to add the new action-sports television (TV) program "Red Bull Signature Series" to its programming portfolio, which will begin on January 21, 2012.
- NBC TAKES CABLE SWING. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p12
The article reports on the airing by NBC Sports Group of the television program "Caught Looking," which examines a weekend Major League Baseball series, at 9 p.m. from August 15 to October 4, 2012.