TECHNOLOGY NEWS BITS
- Could antitrust cops cuff media mergers? Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;9/1/95, Vol. 87 Issue 195, p3
Questions the effects of media mergers that have taken place recently, and plan of several large media business houses to gain access to more mergers. Comments of analysts on the mergers; Comments of Mark Cooper, research director for the Consumer Federation of America; Various reasons related...
- Media merger, morphs, mutation. Lawrence, Jay // Christian Science Monitor;1/31/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 47, p9
Considers the impact of mass media mergers in radio, television and magazine on industry growth. The role of the Internet; Which media are preferred.
- Music, music, music. // U.S. News & World Report;1/16/89, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p52
Reports on recent mergers in the entertainment industry. Boom in the music publishing industry and song royalty fees.
- Pa. weeklies merge. // Editor & Publisher;7/29/95, Vol. 128 Issue 30, p31
Reports on the merger between `Record-Outlook' and `Enterprise,' two sister weeklies in Pennsylvania, to form the `Record-Enterprise.'
- Headlines From the Week in Media. // Adweek;5/9/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 18, p11
News briefs on the mass media industry are presented including on the resignation of Judy McGrath as chief executive officer of MTV Networks, a television advertising campaign for Internet search company Google Inc., and the acquisition of the social media company TweetDeck by the social media...
- DATELINE. // MediaWeek;7/12/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p5
News briefs on mass media are presented including the introduction of a new form of advertising by the periodical "Marie Claire," opposition to the proposed acquisition of NBC Universal by cable television company Comcast Corp. and the introduction of an wrap-around advertising supplement by the...
- M&A uptick fuels hope. Callahan, Sean // B to B;1/18/2010, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p3
The article reports that merger and acquisition activity in the media and marketing sectors was slow for most of 2009, but a surge at the end of the year is giving investment bankers optimism for 2010, even in the business-to-business (b-to-b) media sector.
- Marriott calls media review. // Campaign;7/29/2011, Issue 30, p11
The article reports on the media review called by Marriott International Inc. on its global media plan to merge its business into a single shop.
- PRESS BOX. // B to B;06/11/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p9
Presents information on mergers and acquisitions in the mass media sector for 2000-2001.