Ad Group to Comcast: Cease Claims
- Comcast Plans Wider Rollout for HDTV. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p3
Reports the plan to offer the high-definition television by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Specialization of local digital-broadcast channels and movie services; Response of the customers on the plan of Comcast Corp.; Scheme on one-box solution from Motorola Inc. and Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Comcast Adds HD PBS Feed in Philly. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p14
Reports the plan of Comcast Corp. on adding a high-definition (HD) television channel in the United States. Importance of adding HD content on Comcast Corp.; Subscription rate of HD television services; Partnership of Comcast with a major consumer electronics retailer company.
- COMCAST LAUNCHES 81 NEW TV NETWORKS IN SACRAMENTO. // Telephone IP News;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p7
The article announces the launch of 81 new television networks for the customers of Comcast in Sacramento, California in 2010. Included in the offering are 61 high-definition (HD) networks, 14 international premium networks and six standard definition channels. It mentions a similar launch of...
- Demanding Video. Healy, Justin // Fortune;11/15/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p30
Presents a letter to the editor about "Comcast Wants to Change the World" (Oct. 18) and Comcast's pursuit of video-on-demand (VOD).
- I can see clearly now. Schumuckler, Eric // Adweek Midwest Edition;5/6/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 19, pSR18
Reports on the utilization of high-definition transmission among television system operators, including Comcast and Charter Communications. Application of digital technology in television transmission; Projected cost of high-definition television system; Volume of subscribers for cable...
- Comcast Converts Detroit Cluster. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;11/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p40
The article reports on Comcast's plan to convert its preferred basic customers in Detroit, Michigan to digital service by the end of 2008. The move is part of the company's efforts to recover bandwidth in order to launch more high-definition television channels. According to spokesman Patrick...
- 500 HD CHOICES, COMCAST DECLARES. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;5/26/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 21, p23
The article reports that Comcast Corp. in the U.S. has boasted its 500 on-demand programming choices in high definition (HD) including movies and television shows. The proclamation shows that the country's largest cable operator is following through the "Project Infinity" initiative to expand...
- Ops Sharpen HD Content Plans. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p25
The article reports that the Comcast Corp. will be offering one hundred hours of high-definition (HD) video to subscribers to raise their resolution for their on-demand lineups in the U.S. The decision of the company to add HD programming includes a series of linear HD channels which they have...
- Comcast Execs Lay Out Aggressive Goals. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);5/19/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the plans of Comcast Corp. for 2004. Percentage of its systems to be upgraded; Percentage of its customers who will have access to video-on-demand; Percentage of its customers to receive high definition signals. INSET: COMCAST DIGITAL PROGRESSION.