Bloomberg Takes Best Shot at Comcast
- FCC SIDES WITH BLOOMBERG. // Daily Variety;5/3/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 23, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) sided with business channel Bloomberg TV and ruled for Comcast Corp. to carry Bloomberg like other news networks, following the complaint that Comcast did not fulfill condition of combination with NBCUniversal LLC in 2011.
- Why Comcast Battles on Against Networks at FCC. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;6/4/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p19
The article informs that Comcast Corp. is in the core of two public fights with Bloomberg Television LP and Tennis Channel regarding carriage and channel placement. It mentions that the corporation is suffering losses on the battles that it has chosen to fight at the U.S. Federal Communications...
- FCC: Comcast Must Move Bloomberg TV. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;9/30/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p3
The article informs that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Media Bureau has stayed with its previous decision in a complaint of Bloomberg Television LP, a telecommunication company, against its competitor Comcast Corp. It informs that in May 2013 the Bureau stated that Comcast needed...
- FCC Goes on 'Neighborhood' Watch. // Multichannel News;5/7/2012, Issue 19, p10
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to appeal the order by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) Media Bureau to reposition Bloomberg Television LP business-news into news neighborhoods to comply FCC's condition on approval for Comcast-NBCUniversal deal. Comcast vice...
- Bloomberg TV taps Morse. Thelman, Sam // Daily Variety;6/17/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 53, p29
The article announces that Andrew Morse has been appointed as an executive of Bloomberg TV.
- Bloomberg TV Calls for 'Neighborhood' Watch. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/30/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p6
The article reports that entertainment company Bloomberg TV plans to file a complaint at the Federal Communications Commission requiring the commission to impose the approval order on news neighborhooding condition in the Comcast Corp. and NBCUniversal LLC merger.
- FiOS Mobile App Adds 16 More Channels for Out-of-Home, On-the-Go TV Pleasure. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;12/6/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p12
The article reports that Verizon has added 16 new TV channels for live streaming in and outside the home through its FiOS Mobile Application. The free app offers live TV entertainment on the go via tablets and smartphones from new channels now totaling 25 which include Bloomberg Television, AXS...
- Ruling Deals Blow to Nat'l Broadband Plan. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;4/12/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p42
The article reports that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ruled against the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in a suit brought by Comcast Corp.
- Comcast Combats BitTorrent Call. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;11/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p8
The article informs that the Comcast Corp. is not happy with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission decision that the cable operator violated BitTorrent Inc.'s network-openness principles. It is mentioned that Comcast has filed a case with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District Columbia...