Irene: Wicked Witch of the East
- TW group said front-runner for Lyon cabler. Farrell, Pia // Hollywood Reporter;1/17/95, Vol. 335 Issue 31, pI-5
Reports that Time Warner Cable and Comcast are part of a pool of investors favored to win a cable license in the Lyon area in France. Other investors in the consortium known as Rhone-Vision-Cable; Telephone company France Telecom as the other bidder for the project.
- RDK Management LLC And Time Warner Cable. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;8/26/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p22
The article discusses the announcement of a joint venture between Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) and Comcast Cable Communications Inc. in the name of RDK (Reference Design Kit) Management LLC.
- Comcast Time Warner co-op on OCAP. // CED;Sep2004, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p14
Reports that Comcast Cable Communications Inc. and Time Warner Cable Inc. hope to speed their foray into interactive television via a joint venture tasked with creating an OpenCable Application Platform (OCAP) middleware implementation. Role of OCAP in the 'Plug and Play' agreement for...
- Cable companies offer Internet access. // American School & University;Oct96, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p12
Reports that several cable companies, including Time Warner, Comcast and Cox Communications will begin offering free Internet access via high-speed cable modems to elementary and secondary schools. Promise of faster access to the global computer network; Details of the cable-TV initiative; List...
- Shea What? // CableFAX Daily;2/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on an amount being asked by Time Warner and Comcast Cable to DirecTV to carry one season of their Mets RSN in the U.S. in 2006. It cites the role of Fred Dressler of Time Warner in the negotiation about the deal.
- Prickly Relations Becoming Norm. Motavalli, John // Television Week;9/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p8
Reports on a public dispute between television programmers and multiple system operators in the U.S. Overview of the negotiations of Time Warner Cable with G4techTV of Comcast Cable; Details of several public intractable disputes; Views of Michael Jones, G4techTV fan and Time Warner Cable...
- COMCAST ITCHY TO GO. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;1/2/2004, Vol. 281 Issue 61, p4
Reports on the plan of Comcast Communications Inc. to sell its holding in Time Warner Cable Inc. in the U.S. Notice filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Reinforcement of rights to require an initial public offering; Consideration of Time Warner as a noncore asset.
- Comcast's on family wagon. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/23/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 63, p1
The article reports that Comcast Cable Communications Inc. has set up its own 16-channel Family Tier with 11 networks led by Disney Channel, HGTV and the Weather Channel a week after Time Warner Cable Inc. set up its Family Choice Tier of 15 cable networks in Great Britain. An average of 31.20...
- Digital gains lift Comcast. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;4/27/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 19, p5
The article reports on the financial performance of the largest cable connector Comcast Cable Communications Inc. in the first quarter of 2007 in the U.S. The company saw an 80 percent jump in profit with the help of higher voice and data subscribers and a cash payment from Time Warner Cable...