Paul Kiel and Karen Weise Discuss the Stars and Slackers of the Bailout
- Saudi Arabia and UAE move to ease interbank lending rates. Martin, Matthew // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/24/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 43, p16
The article reports on the $24 billion rescue package with local banks in a bid to cut soaring interbank lending rates in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). It states that the UAE's Finance Ministry is distributing $19 billion among domestic banks, with the amount...
- Take back the money. // Hill;4/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p22
The author reflects on the irony of the government's request for banks to participate in the stimulus package and to accept congressional restrictions on executive compensation and hiring in the U.S.
- How Have Banks Managed to Repay the Bailout? MACEWAN, ARTHUR // Dollars & Sense;May/Jun2012, Issue 300, p26
The article presents questions and answers related to banking including how the bailout was repaid by banks.
- Govt closes Credit Guarantee Scheme. dale, samuel // Mortgage Strategy;11/ 5/2012, p6
The article reports on the closure of the Credit guarantee Scheme by Great Britain's government after its launch more than four year ago as part of a state bailout of the banking system.
- Bailed-out banks are a liability. Eustice, George // PRWeek (London);2/3/2012, p13
The author argues that banks that have been bailed out by the British Labour government are a liability.
- Germans Back Bank Tax to Pay for Future Bailouts. // American Banker;4/1/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 50, p16
The article states that Germany and France support the idea of a bank tax to cover the cost of future bailouts.
- Familiar Patterns in Spain's Banking Crisis. McKenna, Francine // American Banker;6/29/2012, Vol. 177 Issue F325, p8
The article opines Spain's plan to have a full audit of its banks in September 2012 will be too late to provide investors with accurate information about the country's banking crisis which is expected to cost as much as 62 billion euros for bailouts.
- Bank Run in Cyprus; Who's Next? // Moderate Voice;03/17/2013, p2
The article discusses the deal negotiated by Eurogroup to bailout the banking system in Cyprus.
- Crisis? What Crisis? Average Bank Pay Kept Rising at the Same Rate. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;3/27/2011, p14
A blog is presented, which discusses how the compensation of bank employees has been unaffected by the bailouts and the financial crisis in the U.S.