BP Says Well Is Sealed, but Oily Gulf and Accountability Questions Remain
- 1970s BP-Branded Board Game Turned Offshore Drilling Into Child's Play. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;7/ 4/2010, p7
A blog related to BP PLC oil spill in Gulf of Mexico in 2010 and offshore drilling is presented.
- As BP's Oil Changes the Gulf, Gas Seeps Into Economies Elsewhere. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;7/ 4/2010, p9
A blog related to expansions in petroleum industry after the BP PLC oil spill in 2010 is presented.
- In One Gulf County, Officials Take Home Government Salaries, Plus Pay from BP. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;7/18/2010, p2
A blog on Gulf County, Florida, preparing to protect itself from the impact of BP Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill in Gulf of Mexico on April 20, 2010 is presented.
- BP's Broken Well Is Still Releasing Oil, but From Where? Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;7/18/2010, p5
A blog reporting that the flow of oil seepage from the capped well owned by BP PLC has been ceased for the first time since the BP Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill in Gulf of Mexico that began in April 2010 is presented.
- BP Attorney: Rig Had 390 Overdue Maintenance Items. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;7/18/2010, p6
A blog reporting on BP PLC lawyer Richard Godfrey testifying before a joint panel from the U.S. Coast Guard and the Bureau of Ocean Energy that a September 2009 audit indicated there was overdue planned maintenance considered excessive at the Deepwater Horizon rig in Gulf of Mexico is presented.
- Worker: BP Didn't Stop Drilling After Leaks on Blowout Preventer. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;7/18/2010, p10
A blog reporting that Ronald Sepulvado, a BP PLC well site leader, has testified that leaks were found on a control pod of the blowout preventer weeks before BP PLC Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill on April 20, 2010 is presented.
- New Flow Rate Estimates Match an Earlier, Unpublicized Number Used by BP. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;8/ 1/2010, p6
A blog is presented discussing the new estimates released by a team of scientists concerning the oil flow from BP PLC's ruptured well in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Federal Inspectors Clueless About Cementing, Oil Spill Panel Finds. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;10/24/2010, p25
No abstract available.
- Fed Panel on BP Decision-Making: "More Complicated" Than Sacrificing Safety for Cost. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;11/ 7/2010, p3
A blog on the decision given by the presidential panel in the U.S. investigating British Petroleum Co. PLC's deepwater horizon oil spill in 2010 that the company didn't take any shortcuts by ranking cost over safety when drilling the well, is presented.