E-Mails Show Treasury Knew Bank Championed by 2 Lawmakers Was Weak
- As banks repay loans, Treasury to ask how bailout money spent. Brush, Silla // Hill;12/17/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 149, p21
The article reports on the investigation of the U.S. Department of the Treasury on how the bailout money was spent by the individual banks.
- Meanwhile, banks yield 8.5% return. SWANSON, IAN // Hill;4/28/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p1
The article reports that an 8.5% return has been made by the U.S. Department of Treasury from the bailout it provided to banks during the financial crisis.
- Treasury to Nominate Bank Directors. // American Banker;3/18/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F311, p15
The article reports that the U.S. Treasury Department plans to install its own nominees on the boards of banks which are having problems meeting the terms of their government bailout.
- Treasury Urged to Have GM, Ally Exit Plan. // American Banker;7/11/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 106, p12
The article gives information about the U.S. Treasury Department's holdings in General Motors and Ally Financial companies and the Troubled Asset Relief Program Special Inspector General Christy Romero's comment that the Treasury should sell the holdings which were acquired through bailouts.
- The Hmiami Herald. // Hill;1/15/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the bailout money released by the U.S. Department of the Treasury under the no accountability, no transparency ruling of the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- Gov't watchdog criticizes handling of car dealers. Thomas, Ken // South Texas Automotive Report;Aug2010, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Treasury has been criticized by the special inspector general for the bailout program of the government for failing to consider the impact of economic crisis when it ordered automotive makers General Motors and Chrysler to immediately terminate...
- TEXAS: Plains Capital TARP Funds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/30/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33031, p9
The article reports on the $87.6 million received by the PlainsCapital Corp. from the U.S. Treasury Department's financial rescue program in Texas. It states that the company was among the 92 local banks receiving a share of $4.7 billion issued by the Treasury. It says that the taxpayer funds...
- Chrysler bailout ends with likely US loss of $1.3 billion. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;7/22/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 109, p10
The article reports that the U.S. Treasury Department has ended its federal bailout with automobile manufacturer Chrysler Group LLC which is expected to incur a loss of 1.3 billion dollars.
- Government bailout of Detroit 3 helps suppliers-sort of. // Rubber & Plastics News;11/3/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p8
The article comments on the bailout package of the U.S. government to Detroit 3, which include General Motors Corp. (GM) Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler Corp. It is stated that bailout by the U.S. Treasury Department may lead a merger of GM and Chrysler. It is noted that if Chrysler is merged into...