Starz Pulls Plug on Netfix Deal
- Albrecht Sets Starz in Alignment. // Multichannel News;8/8/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p6
an interview with Starz Entertainment LLC chief executive officer (CEO) Chris Albrecht is presented. When asked if the Encore original series will behaving additional plays, he answers that originals will be premiered on the Encore channel. He states that they are in active discussions with...
- The Big Number. // Hollywood Reporter;2/6/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 4, p26
The article reports on the increase in the number of subscribers of on-demand Internet streaming media provider Netflix by the end of 2014, causing the stock price to rise 13% the day it was announced.
- Talent should reach to Starz. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;1/18/2010, Vol. 412 Issue 50, p4
The article mentions about the decision made by Chris Albrecht, president and chief executive officer of Starz Entertainment LLC, inviting talented people with good ideas to start their project with the channel.
- Netflix Expands Its License Deal With Disney-ABC TV. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/13/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p1
The article discusses the announcement by Netflix co-founder and chief executive officer (CEO) Reed Hastings that the company could succeed without the content from Starz Entertainment and that it has signed a new license deal with Disney-ABC Television Group. According to Hastings, they will...
- Sony deal a savior for Starz stox. Levine, Stuart; Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/12/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 26, p1
The article reports that the share prices for Starz Entertainment LLC has gone up following reports of the company's extended 5-year contract with Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
- Netflix Feeds Stream Machine. // Multichannel News;1/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the plan of Netflix Inc. to launch the original series "Lilyhammer," starring Steven Van Zandt, as its deal with Starz Entertainment LLC ends in February 2012.
- Netflix. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/9/2015, pA02
The article focuses on the growth in the shares of Netflix, a streaming media company, following the company's website indicated a price increase in its video-streaming service.
- Starz plays hard to get? // Daily Variety;9/6/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 41, p1
The article focuses on the announcement that Netflix Inc. and Starz Entertainment LLC have discontinued renewal talks which according to some analysts is a negotiation ploy of Starz.
- Digital Could Shift in Studios' Favor. PRANGE, STEPHANIE // Home Media Magazine;6/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p5
The author reflects on the disadvantages of the content license deal of Netflix, which is considered the most important player in digital content delivery, with Starz Entertainment.